• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB announce NZ 2008 tour

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Expecting record injury lists. Either that or the players won't know what do with themselves :ph34r:
Craig McMillan will run out of food supplies and will finally be able to get into his Black Caps shirt from 2000.

Craig

World Traveller
Nah, he'll be right in his element. It'll be "bangers and mash" every night and "bubble and squeak" in the morning
And a drinking competition with Jesse Ryder?

Actually invite some of his Wellington and ex-CD teammates along, could end in blows :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And a drinking competition with Jesse Ryder?
According to the big Jesse, he'll be having drinking competitions with Freddie if he has his way. Personally, I'd like to see him get in a compo with David Boon. Sort out the pretender from the pro!

Craig

World Traveller
According to the big Jesse, he'll be having drinking competitions with Freddie if he has his way. Personally, I'd like to see him get in a compo with David Boon. Sort out the pretender from the pro!
Rod Marsh and Doug Walters could knock back a few back in the day it has to be said.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll get myself down to OT for a couple of days I reckon to make up for not going to see any international cricket this season

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice warm up before the South Africans, can’t see New Zealand winning a test but they are a decent outfit. Really hoping Bond's fit.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm glad NZ are getting three Tests but it is a shame to see the SA series reduced to 4 :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England are better than in 1999, by a long way.
Hmm...
If we take it as a right now... and on a presumption or two
Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Flintoff
Harmison (we all know the story here)
MSP
Hoggard

vs

Butcher (Maddy)
Atherton (Habib)
Hussain
Stewart
Thorpe
Ramprakash
Caddick
Headley
Mullally
Tufnell
Irani\Tudor\Giddins\Such

Butcher = Strauss (both good batsmen who were hopelessly out of touch at the time)
Atherton < Cook in all likelihood, mind you Atherton's still done far more of note at present
Hussain > Collingwood
Stewart > Prior by a long way
Thorpe > Bell
Ramprakash < Pietersen
Vaughan > any rubbish bowler\all-rounder you care to name
Headley > Flintoff (as a bowler, obviously no comparison as a batsman) - though their records are comparable, Flintoff has had to bowl in tougher times for bowlers
Caddick > all current bowlers bar Flintoff, especially Harmison, and Harmison by a mile
Mullally < Hoggard
Tufnell = MSP

So we're better now... but not by a massive amount IMO. And let's not forget we could quite easily have won 4-0 (as could NZ) in 1999, even though NZ were clearly the better side.

Matt79

Global Moderator
NZ to win Test series 2-1 and ODI series 4-1 .:)
Pffftt... the Tests will be replaced by an extra couple of ODIs and a three-match Twenty20 series, just you wait and see. The NZ management doesn't believe in separating colours and whites when they're doing the laundry so they've stopped buying the white gear. ;)

Flem274*

123/5
Nice warm up before the South Africans, can’t see New Zealand winning a test but they are a decent outfit. Really hoping Bond's fit.
Hope you're eating your words mate come the end of the series.

Playing a decent series against a good team for once, come on let us at'em.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I see Bond and co softening you up for SA to have a Whitewash ...you'd be glad it was 4 tests v SA and not 5 !!:laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
2-0 in the Tests to England, and 3-2 to NZ in the ODIs I reckon.

As much as I hope we win a Test, I can't see us managing it. England are No 2 in the world in Tests for a reason.

Fiery

Banned
2-0 in the Tests to England, and 3-2 to NZ in the ODIs I reckon.

As much as I hope we win a Test, I can't see us managing it. England are No 2 in the world in Tests for a reason.
Find another website to post this drivel James :p