• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Thread

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well Lee should have had 6-30 because Anderson should have been given out stumped not run out.

Bazza

International 12th Man
age_master said:
anderson didn't really have much idea at all
To be fair Anderson is 20 years old and has played 9 one day internationals. With a bit of experience in a couple of years he could be a half decent batsman. I'm not saying he will be a test match all rounder but just be able to hang around for a while or play a few shots.

age_master said:
i also thought vaughan was a little unlucky not to get his highest ODI score
Do you mean because he was so close? Hopefully this demonstrates that he can be a force to be reckoned with in ODIs also. I am sure he will become more consistent over the coming months. He could be a surpise package at the world cup based on the fact he averages 22, although if he has an amazing tournament it won't be much of a surprise given his recent form in the test match arena.

Eclipse said:
Well Lee should have had 6-30 because Anderson should have been given out stumped not run out.
Can you explain what happened - I didn't see it? I am sure the right decision was given. Unless the keeper was standing up to Lee (surely not?) it would have been a run out (I am assuming he started to run but went back and Gilchrist tossed it underarm and hit the stumps?).

PY

International Coach
Eclipse said:
doesnt the ball have to be in the keepers hands for it to be stumping?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Law 23 Or, if in playing at the ball, provided it be not touched by the bat or hand, the striker be out of his ground, and the wicket be put down by the wicket-keeper with the ball or with hand or arm, with ball in hand :- “Stumped.”

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah so I still haven't had what happened confirmed but presumable like I said Gilchrist threw the ball as opposed to breaking the stumps with ball in hand?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bazza said:
Yeah so I still haven't had what happened confirmed but presumable like I said Gilchrist threw the ball as opposed to breaking the stumps with ball in hand?
I guess he wasn't standing up to Brett Lee!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Anderson 20?, on the Channel 9 stats it said Anderson was 23.
Which is correct?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Is Anderson 20?, on the Channel 9 stats it said Anderson was 23.
Which is correct?
He's only 20. Last year was his 1st season of FC Cricket.

Born: 30 July 1982, Burnley, Lancashire

Present Age: 20y 181d

Anderson Profile

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he was 20, but for some reason through-out the VB Series, Channel 9 had him as a 23 year old.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I thought he was 20, but for some reason through-out the VB Series, Channel 9 had him as a 23 year old.
The media get a lot of things wrong. They have said that Flintoff is right arm medium...Craig White bowls off-spin, Butcher and Vaughan are all-rounders in Tests...:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
Didn't he change to medium when he went over to Aus?
Craig White changed to fast-medium when he tried it out in the nets after he joined Yorkshire. He's never bowled off-spin since.