• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Thread

Kimbo

International Debutant
The Poms are going to have to be proactive. The Aussie batsmen were all over them, they weren't ever under any pressure at all.
The english fielding is very defensive and therefore the Aussies were running singles when they hit straight to the fielder- I can't believe Irani doing a long barrier to everything, they teach us not to do that as young players. "field on your feet".
England has to stop pulling out the excuse that Aussie are a great side and at least try to compete. I can't believe they only ended up with 251, they really could have got it up around 270, or 280.
I was at a friends place watching it and this 10 year old kid said he wanted Aussie to win (no nzers ever do, "i support 2 teams, nz and anyone playing aussie) we asked why and he said "because i like the way they play" more to the point, he didnt like the way england play. I agree, I was going for Aussie too. course, as soon as england start fighting i will support them.
GO SRI LANKA!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
I can't believe Irani doing a long barrier to everything, they teach us not to do that as young players. "field on your feet".
First thing that we're taught...

I was at a friends place watching it and this 10 year old kid said he wanted Aussie to win (no nzers ever do, "i support 2 teams, nz and anyone playing aussie) we asked why and he said "because i like the way they play" more to the point, he didnt like the way england play. I agree, I was going for Aussie too. course, as soon as england start fighting i will support them.
GO SRI LANKA!
:( Sad to say, but true.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hussain was slow considering that he had the same person down the other end the whole time, Knight should have been the backbone and Hussain should have attacked but they both backboned the innings.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing for England.

Knight played a fantastic innings & was supported well by Trescothick but no-one else was in good enough form to push on.

And I guess the demolition by Hayden & Gilchrist shows the confidence of the English bowlers at the moment.

But there were signs there that England did step up (batting wise), I think they'll be good enough to beat Sri Lanka.

Ronnie Irani was quite funny on the boundary.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yes, nice to see Irani found a way to enjoy being hammered.
England need to want it more. They seem to be resigned to the fact that Aussie will beat them.

anzac

International Debutant
with Aus A giving the SL team a spanking after their demolition in SA, I'm really looking forward to see England V SL.

I think the winner will be determined by who has the strongest mental approach to being hammered, not necessarily the best team / players.;);)

If England can not compete v SL in the Tei-Series the Ashes will be lost 5-0 regardless of who they bring into the test side.

:)

Originally posted by anzac

If England can not compete v SL in the Tei-Series the Ashes will be lost 5-0 regardless of who they bring into the test side.

:)
The Ashes will be lost 5-0 regardless of England beating SL in the triangular series or not!

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Its highly unfortunate that on a day when England were somehow able to put up a score of 250+, their bowlers (except for Blackwell) led down the team badly and were simply pathetic in that match.

I think England will have their best chance against SL, SL without Murali aren't even half the side they are with the wizard, so i think for once England will start as Favourites against a team!

Roosterman

Cricket Spectator
sri lanka

will sri lanka be competitive?
hadda shocker against aus a
there bowlers are hopeless like the english, they can bat a bit but cant bowl.

anyhow hopefully england and sri lanka can make a series out of it.

cyas

Andre

International Regular
Warne injured, Out of the world Cup i'd say, maybe he's finished? Whatever happens, it's a sad day for cricket

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it doesnt look good for warney, but id say he wont retire. the injury looks pretty bad, maybe a few months recovering will produce some positives for him. Time will tell how bad his injury is though.

Simon

they just said he has dislocated it, so he is still a chance of the world cup, if he doesnt go it would have to be MacGill, there is no way Haurtiz can win a world cup for Australia at the moment.

Andre

International Regular
Nah, there's no way you cvan come back from a dislocated shoulder and bowl leg breaks in 2 months. Not even Steve Waugh could do that!

Simon

im sure if steve waugh got to play in the world cup, bowling leg spin with a dislocated shouler he would give it a go!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Steve maybe willing but I dont think he would do it ! thats a bit foolish like hoping against hope. Dislocations may take less time to heal but you have restricted movement long after that. Still though two months may see Warne back in the fold. He's a good enough bowler to warrant a place without first testing him out...