• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowler for England after the Ashes 2006?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Straight fight between Harmison and Plunkett. No pair of bowlers has ever troubled the fine leg fieldsman so consistently.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I presume you're limiting this to Test bowling, because otherwise that'd rule out Panesar even among his foamng fans.

Then by doing so there have only been like 2 and a half Tests so far to go on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At there best form, I'm thinking Monty Panesar.
On the couple-and-a-half Tests we've had since, Panesar indeed. By so far it's not funny. Though it should be remembered Hoggard (EDIT: and Flintoff... durrrrr) has missed most of that time.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Panesar easily, but only because Hoggard and Flintoff haven't featured as much as they would've liked.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Panesar easily, but only because Hoggard and Flintoff haven't featured as much as they would've liked.
Exactly. Flintoff and Hoggard are obviously better bowlers than Panesar, but they haven't been playing.

This thread seems odd to me - the question is obscure and the answer is obvious. It takes me as something only a big Panesar fan would start - reminds me of threads I see on rugby league forums to the tune of "Which team has the best position A, position G, postion L, position M combination?. I think team Q" (where A, G, L and completely unrelated positions that have little to do with each other and just so happen to be team Q's best players, and where Q is the thread starter's supported team.)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Exactly. Flintoff and Hoggard are obviously better bowlers than Panesar, but they haven't been playing.

This thread seems odd to me - the question is obscure and the answer is obvious. It takes me as something only a big Panesar fan would start - reminds me of threads I see on rugby league forums to the tune of "Which team has the best position A, position G, postion L, position M combination?. I think team Q" (where A, G, L and completely unrelated positions that have little to do with each other and just so happen to be team Q's best players, and where Q is the thread starter's supported team.)
He's only 10.

;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I knew you knew that now, which was what I meant by the Wink smiley. I agree with what you say as regards your comments in both threads, FTR.