• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most No. Of Ducks In A Test Match??????

mjramay

Cricket Spectator
:ph34r: ....What is the most numbers of ducks in a test match.I was just looking and came to know about Sri Lanka in India Test Match - 1990/91 season,there were 10 batsmen who got out on duck while 2 were not out on zero this makes 12 ducks in all..Do anyone else knows about most ducks in a test match????8-) :blink:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:ph34r: ....What is the most numbers of ducks in a test match.I was just looking and came to know about Sri Lanka in India Test Match - 1990/91 season,there were 10 batsmen who got out on duck while 2 were not out on zero this makes 12 ducks in all..Do anyone else knows about most ducks in a test match????8-) :blink:
0 not out isn't a duck I don't think

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Wasn't there a match held in Sharjah once where Pakistan were bowled out in the 40's both innings? Maybe it's my imagination. I suspect that would be a fair candidate if I'm not hallucinating.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Wasn't there a match held in Sharjah once where Pakistan were bowled out in the 40's both innings? Maybe it's my imagination. I suspect that would be a fair candidate if I'm not hallucinating.
My memory is brilliant! It was this match, with 10 ducks. I was about 10 runs off on the range, though.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Although there are only 8 ducks in this match its amazing that not a single bouindary was hit in the match where 40 wickets fell and 187 overs were bowled !!

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Although there are only 8 ducks in this match its amazing that not a single bouindary was hit in the match where 40 wickets fell and 187 overs were bowled !!
It was also a 120 years back where the game was played much differently (and I assume it was not as much a batsman's game). I was looking at a scorecard between the Parsees and the English, or something like that, a couple of weeks back and all score were under 70 runs, and the match ended in a draw! That was because it was a 2-day game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He was just everso slightly lethal on pitches where pieces came out upon the ball hitting the turf (not OOTQ after rain in Australia in those days).