• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicket-keeper for the All Time Test XI

Wicket-Keeper for the All Time Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oz_fan

International Regular
This is a poll to decide the wicket-keeper for the All Time Test XI. The two contenders are:

W/Keeper Matches Runs HS Average 100 50 Ct St Dis/T
Les Ames - 47 2434 149 40.56 8 7 74 23 2.06
Adam Gilchrist - 90 5353 204* 48.66 17 24 344 37 4.23

JBH001

International Regular
Oh, a toughy...and I havent decided yet...but I vote for...no, ive changed my mind...nope I change it back...my vote goes to...(still thinking)...Adam Gilchrist.

(He is a decent bloke too)

/Edit: Uh, theres no poll option, Oz_fan.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist will win this, and rightly so, but I think it should be closer than it's going to be. So I'll give a vote to Ames.

oz_fan

International Regular
Difficult to compare and decide between the two but my vote goes to Gilchrist.

archie mac

International Coach
From what I have read I feel Ames was the better keeper, so voted for him, although not much in it tbh

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yup Ames was probably the better keeper but Gilly is very good at keeping but he is the far better batsman, so going to go with him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I don't get why it matters that Gilchrist was a better batsman, because of the incredibly strong batting line-up anyway. I'd go with Ames because of his superior glove skills.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't get why it matters that Gilchrist was a better batsman, because of the incredibly strong batting line-up anyway. I'd go with Ames because of his superior glove skills.
Because the difference in their keeping is not HUGE. Ames was better, but it's not like Gilchrist is a part-time keeper. He can hold his own. However in batting, Gilchrist can be devastating and is a clear choice ahead of Ames.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So? They'd be playing an incredibly strong bowling attack (probably the second XI).