• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie - not Aussie

allout

Cricket Spectator
well, i was just wondering that....................
If "Murli" was an Aussie bowler, would be called for "chucking"?
................and..........
If "Brett Lee" was not Aussie would he be not called for "chucking"?

The angle of bowling arm while delivering the bowl is not very different( almost same) but Brett Lee is not called may be because he is Non-Asain but Murli is called because he is Non-Aussie:dry:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tempted to report your post. Are you trying to acheive anything other than starting a flame war?

allout

Cricket Spectator
Tempted to report your post. Are you trying to acheive anything other than starting a flame war?
i am not tryingacheive anything other than starting a flame war but its a FACT there are many asian bowler who were called for chucking but noone from Aus or Eng. Can u say that Lee's arm angle is under 15 degree?

Perm

i am not tryingacheive anything other than starting a flame war but its a FACT there are many asian bowler who were called for chucking but noone from Aus or Eng. Can u say that Lee's arm angle is under 15 degree?
Brett Lee has been called for chucking before I think. And no I can not state that Lee's arm angle is under 15 degrees, nor can I say that Muralitharan's arm angle is under 15 degrees because I do not have the technology to decide that.

HeathDavisSpeed

That's just bollocks your talking. James Kirtley's career has been ruined because he's been called as a chucker before. Ian Meckiff is an Aussie whose career was wrecked because he was a chucker.

Get your facts straight before spouting a load of tired old bull****.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Heath Davis should have been called for being a pie-chucker. Actually, that reminds me of a story...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Murali was an Aussie bowler, he wouldn't have made it to first class level. He would have been labelled a chucker, rightly or wrongly, and either been forced to change his action or simply not been selected in any serious competition. And thus is the reason for it being extremely rare for Australian bowlers to be called for chucking - anything that resembles such is quickly weeded out at lower levels due to culture against it in all levels of Australian cricket.

allout

Cricket Spectator
Brett Lee has been called for chucking before I think. And no I can not state that Lee's arm angle is under 15 degrees, nor can I say that Muralitharan's arm angle is under 15 degrees because I do not have the technology to decide that.
Brett Lee was called for chucking before just once but hasn't improved his "chucking" but still he is a Star but Murli has been called many times.

Perm

Brett Lee was called for chucking before just once but hasn't improved his "chucking" but still he is a Star but Murli has been called many times.
Muralitharan is a star as well, so I don't see what the problem is. Muralitharan has been called many times but that is because there is more controversy over his action than anyone elses in world cricket, not because he is Sri Lankan.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Does it really matter how many times Murali has been called? He hasn't been called for ages now and has like a trillion wickets, who cares.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't get why people actually respond to these people. Leave the thread alone and let it die, maybe the guy will quit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get why people actually respond to these people. Leave the thread alone and let it die, maybe the guy will quit.
Come one, it's an innovative and never-before-discussed topic on this forum......

The comparison b/n Lee & Murali on chucking is a moot one anyway, becuase the majroity, if not all, of Lee's career hs been in the era of reporting actions for correction rather than calling on the field. Murali's early career was int he era when people wree called (albeit rarely) by umpires.

Another Aussie whose action is being questioned is Aaron Bird of NSW who has been reported again for (I think) the second time to have remedial work on his action.

So really, there's no evidentiary basis for the original post at all.

HeathDavisSpeed

I love threads like this. I can let loose and have some fun.

I rang up Lindsay Crocker earlier and told him that when Stephen Fleming bowls, he chucks. He should be banned from cricket IMMEDIATELY. ****ing chucker. If he was from Azerbaijan he would have been BANNED by now. Bastarding chucker. Lindsay told me to **** off.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
I love threads like this. I can let loose and have some fun.

I rang up Lindsay Crocker earlier and told him that when Stephen Fleming bowls, he chucks. He should be banned from cricket IMMEDIATELY. ****ing chucker. If he was from Azerbaijan he would have been BANNED by now. Bastarding chucker. Lindsay told me to **** off.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: