• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Real' (ie Standardised) Test Batting Averages

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just looked it up, if I'm correct, suprisingly he's only been run-out in Tests 6 times, compared to say Ponting and Dravid on 9 times. ODIs are another matter however, he's been run-out 40 times there which is the record I think.

Edit Richard beat me.
Not too surprising really. In Test matches Inzamam doesn't really have to consider the quick single like he does in ODI cricket, hence the small number of run-outs compared to Ponting and Dravid, both of whom are more aggressive in their running.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Not too surprising really. In Test matches Inzamam doesn't really have to consider the quick single like he does in ODI cricket, hence the small number of run-outs compared to Ponting and Dravid, both of whom are more aggressive in their running.
Perhaps. Or it may be just that the bloke at the other end has been run out more often.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The only problem that I have with the draws being removed are that it doesn't account for the many draws that are due to rain and weather.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just looked it up, if I'm correct, suprisingly he's only been run-out in Tests 6 times, compared to say Ponting and Dravid on 9 times. ODIs are another matter however, he's been run-out 40 times there which is the record I think.

Edit Richard beat me.
Yeah, but they were running a third, and he was struggling to make his ground for a single :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There does seem to be quite a flaws in the formulas, there should be that big a gap between players real averages and standardise averages. It would be interesting to see what changes there would be with just the basic era standardisation and no win/loss and run outs.