• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka coaching role

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, saw that when Zac touched on it. :p Bayliss would do a good job from what I know of him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good news for Bayliss I suppose. Wish these subcontinental teams would just get things sorted, I realise they want to make the best choice but really I get sick of hearing about all this.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that the Sri Lanka list is apparently Bayliss, Oliver and Siddons and the India list is Embury and Ford. I would have thought there would have been some overlap.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gotta :laugh: at the way that turned-out, really.

Mind, you never know what'd have happened had it been the other way around.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Gotta :laugh: at the way that turned-out, really.

Mind, you never know what'd have happened had it been the other way around.
It's because most Indian cricket fans think the coach is going to be the saviour. Sadly, it looks like our players are also starting to get into that line of thinking.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to note that Bayliss approached Sri Lanka, not the other way around. Its seems his pretty even to get the job. As a NSW fan i'm still not convinced about his abilities, he hasn't been that great for NSW and hasn't really got anything extra out of the players. But at the end of the day I rather someone who really wants the coach us.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I really think Bayliss should be given the Job for 2 years with a clause for extension if he does well.(with an increased remuneration then).

Of the three in that list , I would be averse for SL to even get anywhere near Siddons ...he really would be the worst and poorest choice.

Bayliss would do well for us. And I hop they give him the all go and pick him. I am excited that he approached us and that really means he is keen . It would be stupid for SL cricket to let this Golden opportunity go past.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As a NSW player Trevor Bayliss was a gutsy cricketer who gave it everything and I know he is well respected as a player , despite not really getting anywhere near Australian Team selection.. I love his fighting , gutsy sort of attitude, which is what we (Sri Lanka) want in our coaches... not the big spending Millionaires...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, this must win some sort of record for Most Naughtys In A Single Day! :wallbash: Even Cameron's not this keen.

brockley

International Captain
I hope bayliss stays at NSW and doesn't get the nod for srilanka.I am biased :dry: .
Heard oliver was at the forefront of the candidates.
Interesting srilanka did not make a play for dav whatmore maybe he asking too much or the same reasons india had for not choosing him.
Sad the quality of coaches applying the srilanka board must be short on cash.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If they pick a coach on coaching ability Oliver far greater option then Bayliss really in the last couple seasons Bayliss hasn't done a great deal with NSW. Yeah we made the Pura Cup Final, but we stumbled over the line and didn't really deserve to be there. Our position near the bottom of the table in the other 3 comps probably shows Bayliss ability as a coach.

Siddons is yet to prove him at domestic level. He was Australia's assistant coach, but unlike Trevor Penney he didn't get big raps. TBPH is still go other Penney over these 3 any day of week. But im sure we will go for an Australian on the belief "Oh their Australian they must be a good coach," not nessary on their abilties as coach.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Penney or Bayliss for me. But Penney does not want to stay, from what I have heard so far.