• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranji OD League Questions

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Hey, folks, I'm new here and had a couple of questions regarding the Ranji One Day League for a game I've been developing over the last year or so. As a recap, the ROD tournament is comprised of 5 zones (Central, East, North, South, West); each team plays everyone else in their group. Afterwards, there are two pre-quarterfinals, and the winning teams complete a quarterfinal line-up. My questions are:

1. On what basis are the teams for pre-quarterfinals chosen?
2. On what basis are the quarterfinals matched-up?

I also had a couple of questions regarding the allocation of points:

3. How are Bonus Points and Consolation Points awarded?

If any of y'all know the answers to these questions, I would be very happy to hear them. Cheers.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
I'll try to sneak some time out from work tomorrow to answer a few of your questions. :)
Well I'm not sure I want to go around modifying my code anymore. :unsure:

The way I have it now is Bonus Points and Consolation Points are awarded as per the ICC scheme for series involving more than two teams, a few years back. Where a bonus point is awarded if a team achieves a run rate 1.25 times the other while winning, and the consolation point is awarded if the losing team manages to score at a rate where they don't allow the winning team to achieve that bonus point.

As for prequarterfinals, I just sort the 10 top 2 teams by points achieved per game and then 7, 8, 9 and 10 battle out for the remaining two quarterfinal berths.