• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan: Fredalo ruined the world cup

howardj

International Coach
Weird comments from Vaughan. Team harmony comes first. Has Ashes 2005 gone to his head?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/267418.html

Graeme Smith, South Africa's captain, feels that left-arm spinner Monty Panesar will face an "unbelievable amount of abuse" - some of it racist - from the vociferous Australian crowds as England defend the Ashes over the next two months.

"He is going to cop an unbelievable amount of abuse. I sincerely hope for everyone's sake, but especially his, that it isn't of a racist nature, but our own experience obviously leaves us with doubts."

Total **** for those comments. I suppose the massive cheer that rang out when Monty bowled for the first time at the MCG was racist abuse then, huh.
Ah, yes, remember those now. There were plenty of Aussies that were less than happy with them at the place I was hanging-out at the time, too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A blog - so sort of.

TBH, though, I'm pretty sure that sort of whetted my appetite, and inspired me to return to CW, along with one other thing that shall remain nameless.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now, why did you go and say that?

You've made me curious. What was it? Tell tell tell

gio

U19 Cricketer
I really wanna kill Vaughan right now. His ego has to be the biggest on the planet! There were six players drinking that night, why do he have to blame Freddie? He should have left the past where it belongs.. but noooo.. I hope Freddie kicks his ass :@
You're having a laugh, right?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Might - and that's only a might - tell you on MSN sometime. But there are far, far too many who'd laugh for the rest of my CW time.