chaminda_00 8,000
    Barney Rubble 8,000
    AUST_HiTMaN 2,000
    Nishant 1,000
    Flem274* 500
    new_age_ar 500

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (milestones & Jimmy Adams)
    pasag (Bradman,Skull & Agarkar/Mohammed )
    Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj and Sobers)
    Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
    oz_fan (Tony Greig and Marsh/Lillee)
    Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting)
    HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)

Two new awards this week, feedback would be much appreciated, also welcome to our new judges Prince EWS & HeathDavisSpeed

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: vic_orthdox for this click here very good read, and the first award ever for this member, well done

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is adharcric for this click here , interesting idea this one

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman click here I hate to say it again but I don’t…. We also have special mention for this: marc71178 click here See above

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Manee good to have another Anglo-Indian on board

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Evermind for this click here I had the same thoughts, but was not s…

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: itduzz for this click here

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: vic_orthdox good things come to those who keep a consistent length

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
    just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Piper Livens up CC and is a great asset to board. Keep it up

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
    No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: no winner this week

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Pup clarke click here well he done the business

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: anmark click here we will all have to watch what we say

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: mjramay click here This thread has been given the award due to the bizarre suggestion that one of Bollywood's biggest stars could coach India. In addition, Cover Drive Man deserves a mention for thinking that the threadstarter meant the young English boxer Amir Khan and then thinking that I had got Aamir Khan and Imran Khan confused.

A top thread for the strange and bizarre and a deserving winner for the inaugural Frog in a Blender award.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
    Last edited by archie mac; 04-06-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    You know it makes sense.

I know my opinion doesnt count for much when it comes to the awards, and rightly so

Just noticing that if Manee is good enough for the Sobers then wouldnt that make him a fair candidate for the Hussey as well?

Anyway, feel free to ignore this post

EDIT- Congrats to all winners
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Yes, good to see the new Awards have worked in smoothly.

Interesting to see Jack get 2 Awards in one week as his maiden ones!
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I know my opinion doesnt count for much when it comes to the awards, and rightly so

Just noticing that if Manee is good enough for the Sobers then wouldnt that make him a fair candidate for the Hussey as well?

Anyway, feel free to ignore this post

EDIT- Congrats to all winners
    Not sure if you want to know, but you were up for two awards this week

So we don't always ignore you mate

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    There's no collusion between myself and Akhil. Maybe there should be?

I actually thought he'd won it before, TBH. Certainly deserves to have.

TBH, if I interpreted the Sobers directly, it'd go to the same 2 or 3 people virtually every week. There's an unwritten rule that it has to be varied a bit. And Manee was a deserving winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

I actually thought he'd won it before, TBH. Certainly deserves to have.
    Ah I didnt think of that. If he has then great.

I should add - good to see Samantha (Piper) winning a CC Award. I've always said she should post in here more often.

Just glanced through the milestones, too... good thorough job, Rob.

(This probably needs a THIS WAS NOT IN ANY WAY A COMMENT ON MANJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    That's bull****. Richard, I thought I had the Afridi locked down? I see how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

FFS, I have NO POWER to overrule Akhil. Maybe if you want more Afridis you should start being nice to him?

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    That's bull****. Richard, I thought I had the Afridi locked down? I see how it is.
    That's my award, ****.

Seriously, you've been my runner-up the past two weeks but novelty is a factor and several of your posts are on topics you've already spoken extensively on (and won awards for).
    Last edited by adharcric; 04-06-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    That's my award, ****.

Seriously, you've been my runner-up the past two weeks but novelty is a factor and several of your posts are on topics you've already spoken extensively on (and won awards for).
    I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Maybe if you want more Afridis you should start being nice to him?
    See above. That's an improvement.

And congrats to Jack for the breakthrough, well deserved.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I hate you.
    That's better.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information