• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Richard 34,000
Mr Mxyzptlk 28,000
Silentstriker 11,000
pasag 10,000
chaminda_00 8,000
Barney Rubble 8,000
AUST_HiTMaN 2,000
Nishant 1,000
Flem274* 500
new_age_ar 500

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (milestones & Jimmy Adams)
pasag (Bradman,Skull & Agarkar/Mohammed )
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig and Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)

Two new awards this week, feedback would be much appreciated, also welcome to our new judges Prince EWS & HeathDavisSpeed

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: vic_orthdox for this click here very good read, and the first award ever for this member, well done :band:

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is adharcric for this click here , interesting idea this one

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman click here I hate to say it again but I don’t…. We also have special mention for this: marc71178 click here See above

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Manee good to have another Anglo-Indian on board:thumbup:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Evermind for this click here I had the same thoughts, but was not s…

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: itduzz for this click here :wacko:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: vic_orthdox good things come to those who keep a consistent length:laugh:

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Piper Livens up CC and is a great asset to board. Keep it up:)

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: no winner this week

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Pup clarke click here well he done the business:cool:

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: anmark click here we will all have to watch what we say:-O

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: mjramay click here This thread has been given the award due to the bizarre suggestion that one of Bollywood's biggest stars could coach India. In addition, Cover Drive Man deserves a mention for thinking that the threadstarter meant the young English boxer Amir Khan and then thinking that I had got Aamir Khan and Imran Khan confused.

A top thread for the strange and bizarre and a deserving winner for the inaugural Frog in a Blender award.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I know my opinion doesnt count for much when it comes to the awards, and rightly so :)

Just noticing that if Manee is good enough for the Sobers then wouldnt that make him a fair candidate for the Hussey as well?

Anyway, feel free to ignore this post :p

EDIT- Congrats to all winners

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, good to see the new Awards have worked in smoothly.

Interesting to see Jack get 2 Awards in one week as his maiden ones! :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
I know my opinion doesnt count for much when it comes to the awards, and rightly so :)

Just noticing that if Manee is good enough for the Sobers then wouldnt that make him a fair candidate for the Hussey as well?

Anyway, feel free to ignore this post :p

EDIT- Congrats to all winners
Not sure if you want to know, but you were up for two awards this week:ph34r:

So we don't always ignore you mate:-O

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no collusion between myself and Akhil. Maybe there should be? :ph34r:

I actually thought he'd won it before, TBH. Certainly deserves to have.

TBH, if I interpreted the Sobers directly, it'd go to the same 2 or 3 people virtually every week. There's an unwritten rule that it has to be varied a bit. And Manee was a deserving winner.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I should add - good to see Samantha (Piper) winning a CC Award. I've always said she should post in here more often. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just glanced through the milestones, too... good thorough job, Rob. ;)

(This probably needs a THIS WAS NOT IN ANY WAY A COMMENT ON MANJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, I have NO POWER to overrule Akhil. Maybe if you want more Afridis you should start being nice to him?

adharcric

International Coach
That's bull****. Richard, I thought I had the Afridi locked down? I see how it is.
That's my award, ****. :p

Seriously, you've been my runner-up the past two weeks but novelty is a factor and several of your posts are on topics you've already spoken extensively on (and won awards for).

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to all winners and thank you to the Awards team, the two new awards look great.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman click here I hate to say it again but I don’t….
Is it safe to say if I don't think you'll get it, there's a good chance I'll win the Skull that week? :p