• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was anyone else at Whitgift yesterday?

roobarb

Cricket Spectator
...and heard what the idiot spectator said to Nel? Great that the stupid git was chucked out, but does anyone know what was said?

Oh and well done Essex:@

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah I heard what he said:

"I question your value as a cricketer and team member to the Essex County Cricket Club. I believe there are several better bowlers than you playing cricket today!"

Disgusting really. Glad he got thrown out.

roobarb

Cricket Spectator
It was the red haired gentleman. The one who got chucked out. He attempted to apologise {not that it should have been accepted) when Irani was having a go at him.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You get thrown out these days for telling a player he's crap and should be playing for a team. Regardless of how many swear words you use thats pretty stupid. I'm glad Mike Lewis doesn't get selected for Australia much and i don't go to many NSW v Vic matches cus i wouldn't last long. There is nothing better in cricket then having a go at that ******.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed, Geoff. I would also like to know wtf Whitgift is.
It's a private school in South Croydon with rather pleasant cricket facilities. So Surrey play one 4-day game and one one-day game there each year.

roobarb

Cricket Spectator
Indeed, Geoff. I would also like to know wtf Whitgift is
Apologies for not clarifying. I was making assumptions that people had heard about the Nel incident. Whitgift is as wpdavid says...