• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think would make a good cricket movie?

Flem274*

123/5
If there was to be a movie made about cricket, what players, moments or teams etc would you like to see?

Bradman could be used I spose, but for drama I vote Warne.

Also Bert Suttcliffe and Bob Blair's stand in SA after the bridge disaster I think it was where Bob Blair's wife died could be a good'un.

Your thoughts?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also Bert Suttcliffe and Bob Blair's stand in SA after the bridge disaster I think it was where Bob Blair's wife died could be a good'un.
Absolutely. I'm surprised it hasn't been done by someone in NZ really. One of the most amazing things in NZ sporting history.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be difficult to make a movie about a single game. Besides with Bodyline they had the actual cricket, as well as the huge drama.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There wasn't as much drama off the field though, I suppose they could incorporate the mini-tornado and possible terrorist attack though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or maybe Russell Crowe could be Dean Jones in his epic double ton in India. A sort of sequel to Gladiator.

pskov

International 12th Man
Immediate thoughts are the Bodyline and Basil D'Oliveira.

Bradman could be a good film, but I don't see any real dramatic hook. You can't just have two hours of 'Oh MY GOD HE WAS SO GOOD!!!!'. :happy:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on your market. Films based on the WC wins for India, Pakistan & SL would probably do well in those particular countries.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Immediate thoughts are the Bodyline and Basil D'Oliveira.

Bradman could be a good film, but I don't see any real dramatic hook. You can't just have two hours of 'Oh MY GOD HE WAS SO GOOD!!!!'. :happy:
Yea, I mean he started off good and ended good. There was no arc.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bodyline is the obvious one.

Others would include one on the Rebel tours to SA maybe the 1990 Eng one or West Indies rebels. Also The Hansie Affair, maybe the life and times of CB Fry, the 2005 Ashes etc