• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think would make a good cricket movie?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think a film about Cronje either has been made or is in the process of being made.

And wasn't "The Dirty Dozen" about one of the "rebel" tours?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I think a film about Cronje either has been made or is in the process of being made.

And wasn't "The Dirty Dozen" about one of the "rebel" tours?
The Cronje film is in pre-production I think. I actually thought about calling them up and offering my services as someone for the cricket scenes and maybe get a few lines :) but it didnt fit with my schedule.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
No. Its not 300 with 78 less spartans, its Nathan Astle munting up Poms with his meat-axe. Rated R - arousal is guaranteed

or

Nash, Hart & Fleming do South Africa
Stoner film with cricket players.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The Cronje film is in pre-production I think. I actually thought about calling them up and offering my services as someone for the cricket scenes and maybe get a few lines :) but it didnt fit with my schedule.
Nice idea. :happy:
How's your SA accent then?

I know the film's been discussed for a while now, but these things don't happen overnight, I suppose.

Xuhaib

International Coach
A movie on Imran khan.

A teenager who looked a misfit first because he belongs to an elite background unlike his teamates and is just generally a crap player, he goes back works hard on his game turns in to one of the greats. Things look rosy for him but then suddenly he is hit by a career ending injury and to make it worse his beloved mother dies from cancer, things look gloomy just when everyone thinks our hero is done and dusted he defies eveyone again with his will and determination he fights back wins a World Cup in his final hour that too (more suspense added) from a hopeless cause and caps it off by building a cancer hospital in his mother's memory.

Not a bad story plot this one:)

Xuhaib

International Coach
A movie on Imran khan.

A teenager who looked a misfit first because he belongs to an elite background unlike his teamates and is just generally a crap player, he goes back works hard on his game turns in to one of the greats. Things look rosy for him but then suddenly he is hit by a career ending injury and to make it worse his beloved mother dies from cancer, things look gloomy just when everyone thinks our hero is done and dusted he defies eveyone again with his will and determination he fights back wins a World Cup in his final hour that too (more suspense added) from a hopeless cause and caps it off by building a cancer hospital in his mother's memory.

That cornered tiger speech he gave before the Australian game in the WC would be a perfect setting to set up an intense climax.

cover drive man

International Captain
An angry (But misunderstood) Off the rails teenager finds he has a real talent and liking for Cricket and Starts going to cricket training and soon finds himself in a top cricket club and straghtens himself out were he finds himself getting dropped a lot because of his anger he gets into fights with players which he doesnt start. up to the point he is permamently banned from his top club. He goes back to his old ways He steals to make some money, gambles, drinks has underage *** etc. His love for cricket fades but it doesnt die.

He refuses to play no more and goes through a storyline were he is deeply involved with crime. Nothing seems to change him during this time he goes through brief but moderate temptations to play cricket which become increasingly stronger until the point he trains for a much weaker team which he notices the lack of quality than his last team but the much more enthusiasim and friendlieness and helps them get promoted. It comes to the conclusion were he much choose between cricket and crime. It's his choice. And he chooses...

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
An angry (But misunderstood) Off the rails teenager finds he has a real talent and liking for Cricket and Starts going to cricket training and soon finds himself in a top cricket club and straghtens himself out were he finds himself getting dropped a lot because of his anger he gets into fights with players which he doesnt start. up to the point he is permamently banned from his top club. He goes back to his old ways He steals to make some money, gambles, drinks has underage *** etc. His love for cricket fades but it doesnt die.

He refuses to play no more and goes through a storyline were he is deeply involved with crime. Nothing seems to change him during this time he goes through brief but moderate temptations to play cricket which become increasingly stronger until the point he trains for a much weaker team which he notices the lack of quality than his last team but the much more enthusiasim and friendlieness and helps them get promoted. It comes to the conclusion were he much choose between cricket and crime. It's his choice. And he chooses...

Crime?:unsure:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
A movie on Imran khan.

No mention of his affairs with Zeenat Aman, Sit White, Jemina Goldsmith etc etc ?

cover drive man

International Captain

I know its not about a well known incident but still.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
India's 2003 WC run. There is off-field drama what with the stoning events etc. followed by Sachin's statement and then the remarkable run..stopped only by the all conquering Aussies....Triumph and Trajedy..

sideshowtim

Banned
I've always thought a mockumentary comedy series about cricket would be awesome. It would be a great opportunity to send up the lifestyles and attitudes of modern cricketers. Tackle arrogance, the confrontations of having a team with so many differeing personalities, sledging and all that. Could follow a successful International Cricket Team, with the focus on the phlight of a young, 18 year old Australian cricketer who shoots to fame after remarkable performances in State Cricket and is all of a sudden thrust into the International limelight. Overall of course there would be the underlying message that all cricketers, regardless of whether they score hundreds or take wickets are human beings too and are just as effected by anything has to say as anyone. They also as humans make many mistakes.

Kinda cliche idea I guess, but if done right, and with comedy I feel it could be accomplished. I'd like to write something like that If I ever had the time. Combine 2 of my loves, writing and cricket.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India's 2003 WC run. There is off-field drama what with the stoning events etc. followed by Sachin's statement and then the remarkable run..stopped only by the all conquering Aussies....Triumph and Trajedy..
Kenya's, as Tim de Lisle mentioned in that year's Wisden, was far more film-worthy than India's, really.