• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Astle gets NZ Order of Merit

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good on Astle for getting one, but I don't agree with sports people getting recognised in this way.

Flem274*

123/5
Good on him. He deserves it. And people thought he'd be a bits and peices cricketer when he first started. Look how wrong they were.:)

Flem274*

123/5
It would've indeed been Todd Astle.
OK then, my bad.

They didn't even mention Astle on the news for his order of merit. Disgraceful IMO. Especially when they mentioned Ruben Wiki in front of Lomu and no Astle at all.:@

Where's that damn rant thread in OT....

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK then, my bad.

They didn't even mention Astle on the news for his order of merit. Disgraceful IMO. Especially when they mentioned Ruben Wiki in front of Lomu and no Astle at all.:@

Wiki>Astle IMO.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Mind boggles as to what Honour Fleming will get when he retires. Sir Stephen?
The fascist Labour government removed knighthoods. Can anyone remember who were awarded honours last year?

Kind of puts it into perspective when Astle gets an award like this. Decent player, good ODI batsman... but yeah, hardly deserving.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK then, my bad.

Post it in the one in CC... then I can Saj it next week. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, guys like Martin Crowe, John R.Reid and Bert Sutcliffe haven't been knighted so Flem probably wont be. Paddles is our only cricketing knight.
Must say I've always been really surprised Bert Sutcliffe was never knighted.