• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adil Rashid into England Test Squad.

Should Adil Rashid make the England Squad

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
Personally I think Adil Rashid the Yorkshire Legspinner should be in the England side. He made a 5 wicket haul and scored 88 runs in one of his innings for Yorkshire and, I keep hearing rumours that hes making a test debut in the India series when they tour England.

adharcric

International Coach
Not sure how far he's progressed since the U19 matches last summer but if he's ready, I'd certainly like to see him play for England. Looked like an exciting prospect. ;)

deeps

International 12th Man
pretty soon the England team is gonna be filled with Indians and Pakistanis

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why not. Tendulkar was pwned by Shaun Udal and Paul Harris, Rashid would make it the treble...:)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pretty soon the England team is gonna be filled with Indians and Pakistanis
Err no they're still English.

Even if you meant players of Asian descent that's still not going to be the case. Panesar and Rashid will barely end up playing together in all probability and no-one else is good enough to make the side. Even then Rashid hasn't made it yet and Panesar is massively over-rated and we'll soon see his average balloon once he stops being gifted wickets by the likes of WI.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ill be generous in my answer to this question. :)

The answer is no, he shouldnt be called up.

Firstly its only been a year since Monty hysteria hit and people thought there was an England spinner for the forseeable future. Even for people like myself, that dont think he is the second coming of Bedi, do not want to see him thrown out for an unproven youngster.

Rashid had started well but he is unproven and by all accounts bowls the ball too slowly. From what Ive heard he lacks the 'zip' on the ball a Warne had/had.

Let him progress and learn his craft and see where we are in a couple to a few years.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Waaaaaaaaaay too early, but I think he's viewed more as an all-rounder (possibly to play at seven with Prior at six?) than as a serious alternative to Monty.

He's been expensive this year, but he is Yorkshire's leading wicket taker.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not this summer even if we get a turning pitch againts India, but they could take him on the winter tours to Sri Lanka though if he has a good wicket-taking season for Yorkshire.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, wait 2 years at least. See how he does....don't make the same mistake India usually make and pick him before he is ready.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah would be a dire desicion to pick him straight away. Needs to become more expirience before he gets into the side.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Rashid had started well but he is unproven and by all accounts bowls the ball too slowly. From what Ive heard he lacks the 'zip' on the ball a Warne had/had.
That's odd, one county player (forget who, may have been Butcher or someone like that) said his googly is almost a seamer's pace.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
No, there's no way he should be picked yet IMO. Definitely a prospect for the future, but he's got time on his side, and can afford to spend another few years in county cricket learning his trade.

By the way, is he injured at the moment? Haven't seen him in the Yorkshire team for a little while...