• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adil Rashid into England Test Squad.

Should Adil Rashid make the England Squad

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
If we didnt have Panasar then Rashid would probably be in the team already, given Englands history of trying to fasttrack. But Panesar has enabled England to take it easy now and let Rashid make his own way in County Cricket for a few years yet i reckon. He may get a call as the backup spinner this winter, but even then i think he'd get more out of a winter with the academy instead.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
No, there's no way he should be picked yet IMO. Definitely a prospect for the future, but he's got time on his side, and can afford to spend another few years in county cricket learning his trade.

By the way, is he injured at the moment? Haven't seen him in the Yorkshire team for a little while...
They did an interview with someone from Yorkshire, i think it might have being Moxon, who said they would rather he played 2nd XI long form cricket than 1st XI one day stuff due to lack of games coming up or something.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let him ply his trade for Yorkshire for a few more seasons. This situation is very similar to the one with Piyush Chawla for India, it'll be interesting to see how their respective cases are handled.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As most have said, rushing him in to the team would pretty much be the worst thing the selectors could do. If he keeps going as he's started he'll play for England one day, but the selectors just need to let him play a few more seasons in county cricket to develop.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
They did an interview with someone from Yorkshire, i think it might have being Moxon, who said they would rather he played 2nd XI long form cricket than 1st XI one day stuff due to lack of games coming up or something.
Ah right, thanks for that mate. Guess he'll be back in the side for the game against Kent this week then?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Waaaaaaaaaay too early, but I think he's viewed more as an all-rounder (possibly to play at seven with Prior at six?) than as a serious alternative to Monty.

He's been expensive this year, but he is Yorkshire's leading wicket taker.
Is that Flintoff's career written off then? :(

Anyhow, no he shouldn't be picked yet, but seems as we'll almost certainly take two spinners to Sri Lanka, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the second.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Not this summer unless Monty gets injured or we have a brain explosion and prepare a turning pitch for India, but when we tour SL we'll need to take two spinners and the question has to be asked who else do you take(especially with Giles missind the whole summer). Dalrymple? Batty? Udal? Doshi? Blackwell? With that list he must have a very good chance of touring - especially if he keeps playing wel this summer.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Ah right, thanks for that mate. Guess he'll be back in the side for the game against Kent this week then?
Who knows when it comes to Yorkshire :) but i can only assume he will be unless Moxon was talking rubbish just for sky :cool:

On another note, i wonder whats happened to Mark Lawson, he made a promising debut but seems to have been leapfrogged by Rashid and is nowhere to be seen. Unless he's got himself injured or something?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not this summer unless Monty gets injured or we have a brain explosion and prepare a turning pitch for India
Probably wouldn't take a brain-explosion, TBH - several times of late a turning pitch has simply "slipped through the net (and with the Trent Bridge pitch last summer it finally had serious consequences).

R_D

International Debutant
Why not. Tendulkar was pwned by Shaun Udal and Paul Harris, Rashid would make it the treble...:)
i must've missed it

All i saw was a bowler bowling outside the leg stump with the on-side field packed... reminded me A Giles.