• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Umpires Announced!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
Yay, a kiwi. Billy Bowden should liven things up a bit.
I'm yet to see Billy umpire but will be watching the World Cup for Simon...

Can't wait to see him though...should make the game a little interesting!!

[Edited on 14/12/2002 by Eyes_Only]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sorry to say this megan but they were showing close ups of simon on the tv today and to my viewing he aint the most attractive looking guy .
but im sure you are a better judge of guys looks than me anyway.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by broncoman
sorry to say this megan but they were showing close ups of simon on the tv today and to my viewing he aint the most attractive looking guy .
but im sure you are a better judge of guys looks than me anyway.
Gee you sound jealous mate!!:P

It's not just his looks that I am interested in...

Simon

he had a pretty good game, handled the hayden dismissal and the watson/ mcgrath run out well.
he kept out of trouble, which is what you want from umpires in the end.

Simon

about as quick as can be expected, im sure he knew Irani hadnt made it, he just checked to see if McGrath had got the ball onto the stumps before his hands hit them.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Damm I wish I had of seen the game...especailly if they were showing close ups of him...

Do you think he'll be the next Aussie Elite Panel Ump? If so why, If not why?

Simon

are they adding more to the panel if they do he should be in it. mainly because if its an elite panel the best have to be there and he is the next best so why not?

[Edited on 15/12/2002 by broncoman]

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
are they adding more to the panel iof they do he should be in it. mainly because if its anelite panel the best have to be there and he is the next best so why not?
The Panels are changed by the ICC every two years..I personaly think (and I'm not just saying this because Simon is a mate and from NSW) that he should have been there instead of Daryl Harper...

The only reason that I can come up with as to why Harper got it instead of him is that the ICC thought he was too young..

What do you think??

Simon

id say harper got the nod because of experience. I wouldnt think age would have anything to do with it.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
id say harper got the nod because of experience. I wouldnt think age would have anything to do with it.
You'd hope so but do you think out of all the umpires in this country that Harper's the best?? I saw the last test series he was appointed to and I was embarrased to be an Aussie Ump!!

Simon

hahaha
thats big call, what series was that?. i dont have fox so i dont get to see much of the international matches, and also now that umps cant mpire in their home country i dont get to see harper much, obviously only in one dayers.
But from previous knowledge id still have to say Harper is the best umpire, taufel second and that fool hair 3rd.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
hahaha
thats big call, what series was that?. i dont have fox so i dont get to see much of the international matches, and also now that umps cant mpire in their home country i dont get to see harper much, obviously only in one dayers.
But from previous knowledge id still have to say Harper is the best umpire, taufel second and that fool hair 3rd.

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!

Simon is far better than Harper...Darrell Hair is too..!!

Simon

no bias there megan????
Im not saying Taufel is a bad umpire, or even saying that Harper is a good umpire, i just think Harper is better.
Anyway this is my last post for tonight.
night.