• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest not to make a Wisden's top 5 list

adharcric

International Coach
Eh? Where did I say they did? :huh:

I said there is no publication made Worldwide that concentrates equally on all cricket Worldwide.
Your post seemed to imply that Wisden is the only publication that does concentrate equally on all cricket Worldwide. Clearly, you didn't mean that. In that case, it certainly cannot be a "bible of cricket" in any way. Quite simply, there is no "bible of cricket" - that much should be obvious to anyone.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
If it's not the Cricket Bible, what is? You know of some all-covering publication that's sent out all over The World to cricket followers of every country with stuff equally of interest to all, do you? 'Cos I don't.
Haha, actually yes. For example, you can find at least ten different magazines in a Delhi marketplace that will provide worldwide cricket coverage. Sanz gave an example earlier.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, actually yes. For example, you can find at least ten different magazines in a Delhi marketplace that will provide worldwide cricket coverage. Sanz gave an example earlier.
used to be sportstar, sportsworld and sportsweek when i was a teen, don't know what's the latest and greatest...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
used to be sportstar, sportsworld and sportsweek when i was a teen, don't know what's the latest and greatest...
Sportstar is the only one left now, Sportsworld/Sportsweek are not there anymore. Cricinfo has come out with its magazine now and it is pretty good with lots of cricket coversage from all over the world including some cricket history.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sportstar is the only one left now, Sportsworld/Sportsweek are not there anymore. Cricinfo has come out with its magazine now and it is pretty good with lots of cricket coversage from all over the world including some cricket history.
ok...sportstar was by far the best of the three anyway...it used to cover a lot of sports around the world in addition to cricket and other indian sports and games, nba, the pga tour, european and latin american football, international athletics....

adharcric

International Coach
Sanz, do you subscribe to Cricinfo magazine? How much does it cost and do you recommend it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz, do you subscribe to Cricinfo magazine? How much does it cost and do you recommend it?
I dont subscribe to it, but during my last trip to India, I picked up few copies of it and I found it very interesting and highly recommend it. You can read part of June 2007 issue here and decide for yourself. :- http://www.zinio.com/express2?issue=198682117

It is not very expensive, about 20 USD for yearly subscription, I think I paid about 50 Indian Rs. each for my Nov and Dec copies.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
"Bible Of English Cricket" probably would be a better term for those who take offence to such things so easily, yes, but there's plenty of interest in the book outside this country too, which suggests it's not completely devoid of sense.
Haha, I don't think people are taking offence, rather, just pointing out what it is/isn't.