• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket In China

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
I remember that Michael Atherton mentioned about the lack of funding to the West Indies , and how money was been invested into China in the hope they'll be playing cricket in 15 years time.

Does that have any truth , is that a plan , or is that an ambition of the ICC to make some more money.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
all WI gets the same amount of money all the other full member gets, the fund that is put into china is nothing close to what WI gets from the ICC. China as a nationa want to learn cricket and they 1st showed interest in like 1994 or 1996 and they saw how small nationals like Sri lanka could do so well. Along side that China wants better trade etc. with India and seeing how the 4 countries are so passionate about the game they want to take it up too. Chna got intereset and now the ICC are helping them and china on its own has the ambition to be big in international cricket by 2020, it was not set by the ICC. The ICC went there saw the interest and put $400,000 to help them, now that's nothing close to the $11 windies get. And why the hell do people always have to try and take low blows at the ICC when they are not even doing something wrong? If china plays how would that only help ICC make some money? the only time the ICC makes money is from the ICC events, it would help cricket a lot more if china played than it would help the ICC.

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I would love to see China playing competitive cricket. But there hasn't been any recent news on China's cricket development. Does anyone have any idea about what's going on over there regarding cricket?

Flem274*

123/5
I saw a documentary once on how they train up their athletes. they pluck em out at a young age and they train constantly. An eight year old girl was running half marathons everyday. It's survival of the fittest, the failures just get dumped with nothing. I'ts scary stuff so their cricket team would get pretty damn good very quickly IMO.