• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer 'was not murdered'

Fusion

Global Moderator
FFS isn't it obvious that this is a complete cover-up! What I find ludicrous is how people just swallow things and think "its in the media it must be true."

How would a trained pathologist get something so wrong? I remember reading that the police wanted to be 100% sure it was murder, so they got another coroner to double-check it. One guy making a mistake I can accept, but 2 different guys double-checked it each, and these people are trained to do it for a living! They were even like "yes, i'd stake my profession on it."

Don't any of you find it just a bit suspicious that allegations of betting involving millions of pounds go around, and then suddenly "oh no, he died naturally." I'm sure if massive amounts of money are involved, a cover-up would be no problem.
What about the bruises on him, the fact that he resigned 12 hours earlier (very suspicious) and there was blood across the room? And, let's be honest, Pakistani cricketers have been bent before - two of their star players were found guilty of taking steroids not a while back, but got "let off" because they thought it was "paracetomol" or some bs.

There's clearly some severe matchfixing going on in the once-great sport that was cricket, if they'll murder someone and then cover it up. I remember the two coroners being asked again and again, was it murder and they swore on it - why would they do that if they weren't 100% sure?

Basically:
what is more likely? 2 highly trained medical experts getting things wildly wrong, or guys with millions to lose making small pay-offs to hush things up?

OPEN YOUR EYES!
Can I do a triple-roll eyes on this one?? I'll take a chance and do it anyway.
8-) 8-) 8-)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The original pathologist is sticking to his findings. Also interesting to note that he was the only one of the four pathologists to see the actual body. The other three looked at photographs. Not saying he's right but still....

wolf99

Cricket Spectator
...or that three other leading medical experts are wrong?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6744465.stm
Experts that could easily have been paid off.

I am NOT a conspiracy theorist at all, but in this case there is just such a gigantic motive for covering it up - the fact that match-fixing companies could stand to lose so much money!

In fact - it doesn't have to be done by match-fixing businesses. In fact, maybe matchfixing wasn't responsible for his murder (i.e. someone else was)but the murder of bob woolmer = "the death of cricket" (that's a quote from the Telegraph, not my words), so any business related to cricket had an absolutely huge motive to cover it up, in order to save their sport and thus their livelihood! In my local pub for example, for weeks after Woolmer's death, the cricket (which was normally on the widescreen tv 24/7, everyone loved it) was never shown, and nobody bothered to talk about it except to say "what's the point? Probably all fixed" when before his death it had been a hot topic every time I went for a drink. Now I don't know what the future of cricket is.

Who knows, maybe it was just done by a fan of cricket who had both money and power.

I'm not asking you all to agree with me... just consider the possibility of a cover-up, rather than hearing what you want to hear...

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator

I am NOT a conspiracy theorist at all, but in this case there is just such a gigantic motive for covering it up - the fact that match-fixing companies could stand to lose so much money!

In fact - it doesn't have to be done by match-fixing businesses. In fact, maybe matchfixing wasn't responsible for his murder (i.e. someone else was)but the murder of bob woolmer = "the death of cricket" (that's a quote from the Telegraph, not my words), so any business related to cricket had an absolutely huge motive to cover it up, in order to save their sport and thus their livelihood! In my local pub for example, for weeks after Woolmer's death, the cricket (which was normally on the widescreen tv 24/7, everyone loved it) was never shown, and nobody bothered to talk about it except to say "what's the point? Probably all fixed) when before his death it had been a hot topic every time I went for a drink. Now I don't know what the future of cricket is.

Who knows, maybe it was just done by a fan of cricket who had both money and power.

And I'm sure Scotland Yard, which likewise determined it was not a murder, were also paid off? Man, this cricket mafia has awesome pull! They didn't go off just the pathology report by the way. They investigated everything. Even Mark Shields said it didn't look like a murder from the beginning, but he had to treat it as such because of the coroner's report. But…everyone is wrong and in on the conspiracy. The Jamaican police, the British police, the private investigators that Pakistan sent, the ICC-anti corruption unit, the three independent pathologist etc are all covering it up.

wolf99

Cricket Spectator
And I'm sure Scotland Yard, which likewise determined it was not a murder, were also paid off? Man, this cricket mafia has awesome pull! They didn't go off just the pathology report by the way. They investigated everything. Even Mark Shields said it didn't look like a murder from the beginning, but he had to treat it as such because of the coroner's report. But…everyone is wrong and in on the conspiracy. The Jamaican police, the British police, the private investigators that Pakistan sent, the ICC-anti corruption unit, the three independent pathologist etc are all covering it up.
I don't think everyone could be bought off really.
Lol, I doubt it'd be that hard. Private investigators from Pakistan... well, the steroid incident shows that they're perfectly happy to brush anything under the carpet which could damage their team's ability at cricket. Don't need to buy them off for a start.

Jamaican Police, are you joking? I've got a friend who used to live in Jamaica, only Thailand has a worse record for police corruption.

And Scotland Yard, they wouldn't need bribery... a bit of government pressure. After all, if you were in the Cabinet, which would you rather - a scandal and the destruction of England's most prominent sports, or for it to all just go away as an "accident"? Would the British government really want cricket to be destroyed as a sport, considering it symbolises everything that is English?
After all, the Columbian government did its best to cover up the murder of its goalkeeper in football, why would we be so different?
While I don't believe in wacky conspiracies, you are very naive to believe that everything that happens in the world manages to reach the newspapers. If you think that, then you must think that Tiananmen Square never happened, and that OJ Simpson is innocent 8-)

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Lol, I doubt it'd be that hard. Private investigators from Pakistan... well, the steroid incident shows that they're perfectly happy to brush anything under the carpet which could damage their team's ability at cricket. Don't need to buy them off for a start.

Jamaican Police, are you joking? I've got a friend who used to live in Jamaica, only Thailand has a worse record for police corruption.

And Scotland Yard, they wouldn't need bribery... a bit of government pressure. After all, if you were in the Cabinet, which would you rather - a scandal and the destruction of England's most prominent sports, or for it to all just go away as an "accident"? Would the British government really want cricket to be destroyed as a sport, considering it symbolises everything that is English?
I doubt that the English government would be too bothered about Bob Woolmer dying tbh.

viktor

State Vice-Captain

In fact - it doesn't have to be done by match-fixing businesses. In fact, maybe matchfixing wasn't responsible for his murder (i.e. someone else was)but the murder of bob woolmer = "the death of cricket" (that's a quote from the Telegraph, not my words), so any business related to cricket had an absolutely huge motive to cover it up, in order to save their sport and thus their livelihood! In my local pub for example, for weeks after Woolmer's death, the cricket (which was normally on the widescreen tv 24/7, everyone loved it) was never shown, and nobody bothered to talk about it except to say "what's the point? Probably all fixed" when before his death it had been a hot topic every time I went for a drink. Now I don't know what the future of cricket is.

I'm not asking you all to agree with me... just consider the possibility of a cover-up, rather than hearing what you want to hear...
I totally agree with you. The match-fixing guys have loads of money and lots of clout. They must have paid of the independent experts and even forced the Scotland Yard.
The damnedest bad luck prevented them from bribing the Jamaican police in the first place. It might have something to do with the time difference between Pakistan/India and WI, methinks. Lazy buggers...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FUFFOOOOKSEEEAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8-)
Do some people never give-up?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, looked a bit like him, TBH.

Nah, I'm capable of being more angry than even FRAZ on this subject.

wolf99

Cricket Spectator
Haha, looked a bit like him, TBH.

Nah, I'm capable of being more angry than even FRAZ on this subject.
Whatever, just consider the possibility. I mean, police everywhere absolutely hate the word "murder" - if there's a 1% chance it was an accident, they won't comment. Yet the Jamaican police were apparantly 100% sure - else they wouldn't have said it.
Oh yeh, and Woolmer's wife wouldn't need to be paid off to not ask any questions - after all, accidental death = life insurance, which is invalidated in the case of murder.

Every part of this stinks, and every part has motives. I'm not alone here - the majority of people outside the hardcore cricket fans have a similar opinion, I hate to think what this means for cricket.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Oh yeh, and Woolmer's wife wouldn't need to be paid off to not ask any questions - after all, accidental death = life insurance, which is invalidated in the case of murder.
I realize that you're being a tool just to get some attention (and unfortunately I'm giving you exactly what you want by responding), but the above statement is just plain sick. You have no decency whatsoever.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
He's wrong anyway. Life insurance is still paid out in such an instance. He's probably thinking of suicide.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Motion to give some practice to one of the new mods by deleting the crap which is this evening (or morning if you're a Kiwi)'s posts in this thread.