• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'I've Regained My Rhythm' says Irfan Pathan.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've regained my rhythm:

CHENNAI, June 1: Out-of-favour seamer Irfan Pathan on Friday said that he has regained his rhythm and believes he is on the right track for a comeback to international cricket.

"I am back to my usual bowling rhythm. You see the light in my face. I am happy to come back to the Academy to take corrective measures." an excited Pathan said at the end of his six-day training at the MRF Pace Foundation, from where he rose to be an international player.
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/I_have_regained_my_rhythm_Pathan_/articleshow/2092911.cms

Very good news, I won't say anything too excited until I see him perform, but his action needs rhythm and when he bowled in the world cup warm up games, he had the rhythm of someone who had never bowled before with his front arm staying up too long. A disasterous thing, let me tell you, but that usually only affects my first few sessions of a season.

He is India's most promising all round prospect since he can open the bowling at over 82mph (at his best) and averages 27 with the bat in Tests and about 25 (with a healthy strike rate of 80) in ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Those averages have to be taken with a pinch of salt, though, given how badly they're thrown out by substandard sides being included in them.

adharcric

International Coach
Perhaps a grain of salt. Let's take the minnows out then.

Test Cricket
Batting @ 29, Bowling @ 45

ODI Cricket
Batting @ 24, Bowling @ 28

Looks like Pathan is handy with the bat in both forms, a solid one-day all-rounder, a good one-day bowler and a dire test bowler. Nothing new in that ...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Any comments about the article? At least he wasn't gonna be bowling 70-75mph all the time:D. I would really like to know what the technical help is, anyone have any idea what it was?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What Irfan Pathan says and what is actually true could be two completely different things. Still, it can only be good if Pathan comes back into some form and regains his rhythm as it adds so much more to the Indian team.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What Irfan Pathan says and what is actually true could be two completely different things. Still, it can only be good if Pathan comes back into some form and regains his rhythm as it adds so much more to the Indian team.
Yes, an opening bowler who can bat is brilliant. But he should really be played as a bowler who can score runs at 7 or 8, definately not as an all rounder.

On another note, MRF makes tyres and yet they have put their name to the biggest pace foundation in India and to bats which they don't make...interesting.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, an opening bowler who can bat is brilliant. But he should really be played as a bowler who can score runs at 7 or 8, definately not as an all rounder.
He is a genuine all-rounder though, and will more than likely bat at #7 in a full strength Indian Test team. I am not, and have never been a fan of shuffling him up and down the order. Making him open the batting or coming in at first drop has only confused him as to what his real role in the team is IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Perhaps a grain of salt. Let's take the minnows out then.

Test Cricket
Batting @ 29, Bowling @ 45

ODI Cricket
Batting @ 24, Bowling @ 28

Looks like Pathan is handy with the bat in both forms, a solid one-day all-rounder, a good one-day bowler and a dire test bowler. Nothing new in that ...
I don't think he's a "good" ODI bowler at all - because of his economy-rate. Handy with the bat in both forms, yes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"I am back to my usual bowling rhythm. You see the light in my face"

Haha I'm so using that.

I hope Pathan comes good one day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On another note, MRF makes tyres and yet they have put their name to the biggest pace foundation in India and to bats which they don't make...interesting.
Its called successful advertising. Their Waugh, Tendulkar and Lara campaign was a whopping success.

jeevan

International 12th Man
India's playing Dinesh Mongia in that slot. If he gets his act together soon, the bar is quite low for the ODI team at the moment.

Pathan-Powar-Zaheer-2 of Munaf/Sreesanth/RP/Piyush may make an acceptable lower order & five bowlers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems quite technical...

Sekar, head coach, MRF Pace Foundation, Said, "we worked on his run-up. His shoulders were swaying and he was not able to control his body movement. We worked on him moving from smaller steps to bigger strides."

Sekar added, "his load-up was in the same leg as his bowling arm. The load-up was early. We shifted him from a left leg load up to a right leg load up. This has cut out the twisting of his top half. His front arm is now straighter. I always felt Irfan could come out of the problem. A smooth run-up and the load-up on the right leg is the answer. His methods are more efficient now. He is bowling much quicker. He has been corrected up to 95 per cent."
http://www.hindu.com/2007/06/02/stories/2007060206512200.htm

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Britannia make biscuits and Honda make motor vehicles.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
But MRF has gone one further into sponsering a pace foundation. :D

But that is off topic.

shankar

International Debutant
TA Sekar helped Sreesanth correct his action before the SA tour after he'd lost it in the WIndies IIRR. Always thought he'd be a good choice as bowling coach. Don't know if he'd ever applied for it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just incase anyone cares, Irfan Pathan is likely to join Kent soon according to sources within the ESPN channel in India in the event he is not picked for the tour of Ireland.

ALSO

Shaz sends Waz an Irfan Pathan SOS

Shahid Hashmi

Former Pakistan fast bowler Wasim Akram has taken up the task of bringing Indian pacer Irfan Pathan’s career back on track after an SOS call from close friend Ravi Shastri.
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...sectid=59&contentid=20070605034237156cd1a05f1

I think this will be good for him considering I have heard many interviews from Pathan saying he idolised Wasim Akram and that he attempts to bowl like him. If you are trying to bowl like 'x' then 'x' would be the perfect bowler to help you out (if that made sense). As the king of left arm pace bowling, he could also help him with smaller tips such as grip and how to swing (and reverse swing) the ball and this could really help him excel. Remember, he is only 22 and a fine batsman, could he be the next Wasim Akram, not bloody likely, but lets hope so.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"I am back to my usual bowling rhythm. You see the light in my face"

Haha I'm so using that.
Lol, tried this out in regular conversation today with regards to study, and how I've managed to actually work a little with exams coming up and get some notes done. Went something like:

"Yeah I've managed to get my act together, notes are coming along well. You can see the light in my face"

Friends were like :blink:

"What does that mean? How can you see the light in your own face anyway?"

To which I had no reply.

Once again Irfan fails me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You've gotta try these things out Richard.

My next aim is to use Shoaib's quote regarding Pakistani weddings, and see if I can use it as an excuse to some poor procrastination discipline.