• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'I've Regained My Rhythm' says Irfan Pathan.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Lol, tried this out in regular conversation today with regards to study, and how I've managed to actually work a little with exams coming up and get some notes done. Went something like:

"Yeah I've managed to get my act together, notes are coming along well. You can see the light in my face"

Friends were like :blink:

"What does that mean? How can you see the light in your own face anyway?"

To which I had no reply.

Once again Irfan fails me.
LMAO, Jono, that's hilarious.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/I_have_regained_my_rhythm_Pathan_/articleshow/2092911.cms

Very good news, I won't say anything too excited until I see him perform, but his action needs rhythm and when he bowled in the world cup warm up games, he had the rhythm of someone who had never bowled before with his front arm staying up too long. A disasterous thing, let me tell you, but that usually only affects my first few sessions of a season.

He is India's most promising all round prospect since he can open the bowling at over 82mph (at his best) and averages 27 with the bat in Tests and about 25 (with a healthy strike rate of 80) in ODIs.
The peak of Pathan's paciness was during the Natwest Challenge when India last were there when he was peaking in the early 140's. Once people started thinking he could get faster and into the 140's as he got stronger, he started losing pace and began bowling as fast as ... Afridi.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Just incase anyone cares, Irfan Pathan is likely to join Kent soon according to sources within the ESPN channel in India in the event he is not picked for the tour of Ireland.
This should be good. Either it will prove that Pathan is still not ready, or it will show if he is someone we can use in English conditions. Nice way it'll work out for him if he succeeds at Kent, though.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...sectid=59&contentid=20070605034237156cd1a05f1

I think this will be good for him considering I have heard many interviews from Pathan saying he idolised Wasim Akram and that he attempts to bowl like him. If you are trying to bowl like 'x' then 'x' would be the perfect bowler to help you out (if that made sense). As the king of left arm pace bowling, he could also help him with smaller tips such as grip and how to swing (and reverse swing) the ball and this could really help him excel. Remember, he is only 22 and a fine batsman, could he be the next Wasim Akram, not bloody likely, but lets hope so.
I thought he had talked with Waz before? Or perhaps that was that huge scandal where Pakistan were opposed to Wasim helping out the Indians. And also on another off-topic note, anyone recall the Shaz-and-Waz Show? :laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, tried this out in regular conversation today with regards to study, and how I've managed to actually work a little with exams coming up and get some notes done. Went something like:

"Yeah I've managed to get my act together, notes are coming along well. You can see the light in my face"

To which I had no reply.

You've gotta try these things out Richard.

My next aim is to use Shoaib's quote regarding Pakistani weddings, and see if I can use it as an excuse to some poor procrastination discipline.
:laugh: Smart man is our Jono.

Nishant

International 12th Man

To which I had no reply.

:laugh:

what a joker! thats hilarious!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is another update :)

Pathan and Munaf train at MRF Pace Foundation

Pathan needs to sort out his action - Lillee
Cricinfo staff
June 28, 2007

Dennis Lillee, the former Australian fast bowler, has said that Irfan Pathan needs to correct a glitch in his bowling action in order to get his rhythm back and return to the international fold. Lillee, currently on a 12-day stint in Chennai's MRF Pace Foundation, was optimistic about Pathan's progress, stating that he has the potential to rediscover his touch as a genuine allounder.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/299903.html

adharcric

International Coach
Where's SS atm?

Sure he'd have an opinion on Pathan's abilities.
Last we heard he was at an airport in London today, **** scared of terrorist activity. Perhaps SS was India's bad luck charm ... he leaves and they finally win overseas.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Where's SS atm?

Sure he'd have an opinion on Pathan's abilities.
What abilities are those? His spectacular average of 40+ with the ball during his 'breakout' tour in Pakistan tells me all I need to know.

adharcric said:
Last we heard he was at an airport in London today, **** scared of terrorist activity. Perhaps SS was India's bad luck charm ... he leaves and they finally win overseas.
You know I thought the same thing. I am seriously thinking about flying back to London just to see some India vs England Tests live. Maybe all the signs and t-shirts I would wear would piss the Indians fast bowlers into doing something constructive for a change, maybe even to the point of taking a wicket before the spinners come on.

adharcric

International Coach
That wasn't even part of our trash-talk routine ... merely a casual observation. Anyways, surprised that you would get perturbed by it when both of us take it lightly. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I do just occasionally wonder, TBH. I mean, I've always presumed you can't possibly mean such utter vitriol that gets routinely hurled between you, but well... as I say, every now and then I wonder. :mellow:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've always imagined that silentstriker and adharcric get on reasonably well even though they are complete opposites when it comes to supporting India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I've never exactly envisaged them as spitts of myself and Beevs, for instance, but well... I'd not imagine they'd be the types to send each other Xmas Cards.