Thread: Caribbean Sledging

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

Caribbean Sledging

Check out some good-old-fashioned Caribbean Sledging.

This guy was at most of the Group A group games, and he was at his best when South Africa were playing Holland, with some gems like "Bowl to Boucher on the offside, he can't hit anything on the offside." Then when Boucher got a run on the offside, Boucher raised the bat to him. Classic stuff.

Unfortunately I didn't get any footage of him when he was at his best, but this gives you a little taste of what he was like. Definitely a crowd favourite.

A local ex-politician and now business owner who would buy homeless people a ticket to the game.

Oh...and excuse the spelling mistake on the second video...
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Check out some good-old-fashioned Caribbean Sledging.

This guy was at most of the Group A group games, and he was at his best when South Africa were playing Holland, with some gems like "Bowl to Boucher on the offside, he can't hit anything on the offside." Then when Boucher got a run on the offside, Boucher raised the bat to him. Classic stuff.

Unfortunately I didn't get any footage of him when he was at his best, but this gives you a little taste of what he was like. Definitely a crowd favourite.

A local ex-politician and now business owner who would buy homeless people a ticket to the game.

Oh...and excuse the spelling mistake on the second video...
    yeah, most ppl rate the Caribbean crowds as the best in the world. This kind of stories do make it sound true, IMHO.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Thread Information