• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chappell-Hadlee set for December

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Want revenge tbh. Can't wait.
You'll be waiting for a while. We aren't dropping this series. Good to see Hobart getting some more cricket as well, the Bellerive Oval looks a very good ground.

pasag

RTDAS
You'll be waiting for a while. We aren't dropping this series. Good to see Hobart getting some more cricket as well, the Bellerive Oval looks a very good ground.
Post bookmarked for digging and bragging in 7 or so months.

Flem274*

123/5
Can't wait. At the risk of incurring TH's wrath, I think we should take Vincent regardless of form. He's awesome in aus.

Perm

Can't wait. At the risk of incurring TH's wrath, I think we should take Vincent regardless of form. He's awesome in aus.
Of course he is. What flat track bully doesn't like quick, hard pitches? :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really looking forward to this series. We've seen 8 games played since it started and 6 of them have been real thrillers (and the score is NZ 5 Australia 3 :p).

Flem274*

123/5
Whats the bet the games will pan out like this;

Game 1; one side will be crushed completely by the other (happened game 1 06 and game 1 07)

Game 2; Big masssive run chase

Game 3; Bigger massive run chase

Perm

Game 1; one side will be crushed completely by the other (happened game 1 06 and game 1 07)

Seems to be the norm. Certainly the last two series have resulted in some massive run chases.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain

But the big run chases were on the small NZ grounds - I don't expect anything like that this time. On another topic I see the banter has started already - as a neutral one point - is it my imagination or do Aussies take trophies more seriously when they do NOT hold them (I'd use the B/G Trophy and the Ashes as examples). I bet you no Aussie takes a break for this series...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think most people take stuff more seriously when they don't hold it, TBH - just with the Australians you get the novelty value as trophies they don't hold have been pretty scarce on the ground these last 18 years.

Flem274*

123/5
But the big run chases were on the small NZ grounds - I don't expect anything like that this time. On another topic I see the banter has started already - as a neutral one point - is it my imagination or do Aussies take trophies more seriously when they do NOT hold them (I'd use the B/G Trophy and the Ashes as examples). I bet you no Aussie takes a break for this series...
The aussie grounds weren't big enough to contain Oram in the CB series.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kieran, dude, don't take this the wrong way, but... go easy on the :laugh:s yeah? Can't remember the last time a post of yours didn't contain one, and sometimes several. Not everything needs to be laughed at.

And I've no doubt you're neither braindead nor a troll. :)

Perm

The aussie grounds weren't big enough to contain Oram in the CB series.:laugh:
That's a fair point but I genuinely beleive that the CB series was a fluke for Oram. I can't see him having that level of ferocious hitting on a consistent basis for more than 1 or 2 innings at a time.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Kieran, dude, don't take this the wrong way, but... go easy on the :laugh:s yeah? Can't remember the last time a post of yours didn't contain one, and sometimes several. Not everything needs to be laughed at.
FFS.