• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chappell-Hadlee set for December

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not close to making the team, just names I threw out to spark some debate. Worked too....
You can't seriously beleive that any of those three "outsiders" you mentioned actually have a realistic chance of playing in the Chappell Hadlee series do you?

Flem274*

123/5
You can't seriously beleive that any of those three "outsiders" you mentioned actually have a realistic chance of playing in the Chappell Hadlee series do you?
Well if they become Hamish Marshall type favourites....

Just kidding.

No they don't, however I thought that instead of rolling out all the usual names I'd throw a few theoretical bolters into the squad. If you don't like it then that's fine I have no problem with that.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the big run chases were on the small NZ grounds
Most of the sixes hit in those games (particularly the Hamilton one, which I went to) were absolutely massive though, clearing the grass banks and landing in the practise facilities behind them. I believe they would have been sixes on most grounds around the world.

Plus the stadium in Wellington (where a big run chase took place in the series before last) isn't that small.

The pitches were absolute roads though admittedly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Papps is not a OD player but would make me test side. Flem's record by position below:
(His record opening or 3 is better than 4)

Opening 103 103 6 3280 134* 115* 108 33.81 5 19 12
3rd position 66 66 4 2118 96 85 85 34.16 0 18 2
4th position 82 82 10 2365 116* 111* 106* 32.84 3 11 3
5th position 15 15 1 222 56 33* 19 15.85 0 1 0
6th position 2 2 0 22 18 4 - 11.00 0 0 0
7th position 1 1 0 30 30 - - 30.00 0 0 0
And just think how good Fleming's record at three and four might be had he spent his prime years there, instead of at the top of the order.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most of the sixes hit in those games (particularly the Hamilton one, which I went to) were absolutely massive though, clearing the grass banks and landing in the practise facilities behind them. I believe they would have been sixes on most grounds around the world.
All the same - easy to say that, and true as it is, it just takes one single six to have been caught on a bigger ground, and the rest of them wouldn't have happened. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well everything's a money-making scheme, really - but the CH Series at least makes a regular of Aus-vs-NZ.

♪♪♪

Cricket Spectator
Well, considering how India get lambasted for anything they do, I thought it'd only be fair to provide a token post of criticism when Aus-NZ do the same annually.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India don't get lambasted for staging series against Pakistan, though, which is the equivalent of the Chappell-Hadlee Series.

India and Pakistan playing a ODI series every year is IMO quite right.

Flem274*

123/5
India don't get lambasted for staging series against Pakistan, though, which is the equivalent of the Chappell-Hadlee Series.

India and Pakistan playing a ODI series every year is IMO quite right.
Agreed.

Richard, do you have to post in every thread possible?:laugh: (Note the :laugh: Richard:) )

Seriously I was scrolling down the topics and you had last reply to everything.:-O

Flem274*

123/5
I post in most threads, yeah.

Not a problem, is it? :)
Nah, just found it amusing to see

Last post: Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard
Last post; Richard

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. I think my record was the last 24 threads in CC. Some people don't like to see that, though (with *a certain someone* it's amusing to see his annoyance, but with most it's regrettable that they have to put-up with it).

Flem274*

123/5
Haha. I think my record was the last 24 threads in CC. Some people don't like to see that, though (with *a certain someone* it's amusing to see his annoyance, but with most it's regrettable that they have to put-up with it).
Haha who's the certain someone?

Also, on the topic of the :laugh: it looks like I'll have to use a different smiley instead.

Some ideas

:clown:
:devil2:
:baby:
:sp_ike:
:eye:
:starwars:

There's more too.:D

Back on topic, no problem with your constant posting. At least we know when we say/ask something we're gonna get a reply.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I like the Star Wars one, TBH - not sure whether it's a Nixonism (his love for The Saga is well documented on these forums) or whether it comes with the territory (ie vBulletin).

The *certain someone* is you Kiwis' least favourite person - Beevers AKA Sp.