• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hope its just a coincidence

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know its like opening an old can of beans but to me it seems little a strange.

S.Waugh in his book has mentioned Mushtaq Muhammad and Mushtaq Ahmed as two people who at different times offered the Aussies to throw matches for money. Now here an interesting theory develops, WC 99 two months before the WC rift develops between coach Miandad and players coach gets the boot and Mushtaq Muhammad gets his job and Pakistan goes on to lose few suspicious matches, fast forward 2007 again rift develops between bowling coach Waqar and the captain and once again coach gets the boot and in his place shady Mushtaq Ahmed gets hired and Pak once again goes on to lose suspiciously this time to lowly Ireland. The amount of corruption that is in the game I am quite certain there is a possibility that games had been fixed by the Pakistani team in both the tournaments

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If any games in WC99 had been fixed the only real plausible game was the Bangladesh one or, maybe, the final. And the Bangladesh game we all know about the possibility anyway.

Let's hope the Ireland game wasn't fixed.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Stop deluding yourself, bring your head out of the sand and wake up.

The Ireland game was obviously fixed. let's not shy away from it.
It was out of the blue tbh, but i suppose ireland did absolutely beast Pakistan.

Which part of county down are you from btw?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Any post by you is automatically d i r e, as Robert Cribb who is responsible for deciding these things thinks you're a **** more than anyone else on here.

Any post by you is automatically d i r e, as Robert Cribb who is responsible for deciding these things thinks you're a **** more than anyone else on here.
Do you lick the ass of whoever that is as much as you do "the boss" *barfs*

To even make such a reference, proves you are as much a loser in cricket, as you are in the big game of life...and Cribbins there is no doubt a pleb of equal propertions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Do you lick the ass of whoever that is as much as you do "the boss" *barfs*

To even make such a reference, proves you are as much a loser in cricket, as you are in the big game of life...and Cribbins there is no doubt a pleb of equal propertions.

(Sorry to everyone else, just couldn't resist)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If any games in WC99 had been fixed the only real plausible game was the Bangladesh one or, maybe, the final. And the Bangladesh game we all know about the possibility anyway.

The WC final in 99 - were Pakistan heavily favoured in that game I wonder?

pasag

RTDAS
I think some fans would rather believe a match was fixed than just own up to the fact that their team played like crap. It wasn't fixed and until there is even a shred of evidence I wouldn't even entertain the notion.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

But generally, you don't "fix" matches.

The betting that goes on in for player x to bowl two wides in his 4th over. They pay off said player to do so, and collect the huge odds for that happening. That way you only have to pay off one player, rather than a whole side in determining how a whole fixture pans out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone who thinks the Ireland game was fixed should watch it, IMO. Regardless of any other factors, I'm almost certain it wasn't fixed based on that alone.