• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan of Ashes 02 and through 03 was a better test match batsman than Pietersen.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
vaughan's form through 2002 against india and during the ashes leading into 2003 was truely breathtaking. by far my favourite batsman to watch whilst in full flow, those pull shots off length balls and his cover drives are a work of art.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pietersen in the best series of his career will be better than Vaughan of Ashes 02/03.

Moreover, Pietersen will have more top-draw series than Vaughan will.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
And that best series of his career will be against a bowling attack of similar calibre to the one Vaughan faced in said Ashes?
If you want to go stats-mad...

KP, age 26, ashes 06/07 Ave. 54
Warne/McGrath/Clark/Lee

Vaughan, age 28, ashes 02/03 Ave 63.3
Warne/MaGrath/Gillespie/Bichel.

Bowling attacks similar, averages not a mile apart

If you don't want to go stats-mad...

KP will be as good as Vaughan was that series and better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The genuine CWers almost invariably want any stupid thread started by you closed on the spot so that the poor gullible souls who think they're following a legitimate topic aren't suckered into helping propegate your nonsense.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Anyone else think that KP could be one of England's greatest ever batsman?
Hmm, I doubt that he would ever be able to become our greatest ever, but I would like to be surprised.

Jack Hobbs and Wally Hammond are the two that I don't think he will surpass.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else think this thread, like virtually all his, isn't worth bothering with?
Thread's a bit daft... but I'm always quite interested in the 'how good is KP' stuff. Cause it's interesting to see who will be the big new superstars of the game now we've lost/are losing quite a few really good/great players at once.