• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From these; Whom is the best Sportsman?

mjramay

Cricket Spectator
Well Who is better Sportsman among these guys at this point of time????

1-K-Pieterson(Cricket)
2-Tiger woods(Golf)
3-Roger Fedrer(Tenis)
4-Micheal Schumacher(F1)
5-Liver more(Hockey)
6-Christiano Ronaldo(Football)

Please dont mention any one more! Just pick one from this list hope you guys will enjoy it.If some one ask me who is of my choice i would pick K-Pieterson bcoz.............................................:ph34r:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Interesting, I would probably put this in the general sports forum, but Roger Federer is close to being the best Tennis player of all time, so probably him.

Also, Michael Schumacher has retired ;)

Well Who is better Sportsman among these guys at this point of time????

1-K-Pieterson(Cricket)
2-Tiger woods(Golf)
3-Roger Fedrer(Tenis)
4-Micheal Schumacher(F1)
5-Liver more(Hockey)
6-Christiano Ronaldo(Football)

Please dont mention any one more! Just pick one from this list hope you guys will enjoy it.If some one ask me who is of my choice i would pick K-Pieterson bcoz.............................................:ph34r:
Don't you dare mention the likes of Pietersen (not even the best in his particular sport) alongside undisputed legends such as Federer, Woods, Schumacher.

You hear?

Nishant

International 12th Man
Don't you dare mention the likes of Pietersen (not even the best in his particular sport) alongside undisputed legends such as Federer, Woods, Schumacher.

You hear?
sheesh!...calm down!

But, if u ask me...it has to be federer. Ronaldo is a great player...but i consider him as a cheat. KP in not a great yet...but will be eventually!

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
I guess people dont consider darts as a sport even though it is a game of skill and insanley popular and one of the most watched sports in england and holland on the Television.

Phil Taylor is perhaps britains most succesful ever sportsmen with 13 world titles.

Woods
Federer
Taylor
Hendry

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Woods has 10 years of domination ahead of him if he wants it. My bet is he'll probably have the best record of any individual sportsman in history by the time he retires.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd say it's the world's greatest living Englishman, our Roger, just now. His record of Slams entered to Slams won is better than Woods's Majors entered to won by a fair bit. He'll be past Sampras's record (assuming he stays fit) in three years at the outside; Woods may not even actually break Nicholas's mark.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd say it's the world's greatest living Englishman, our Roger, just now. His record of Slams entered to Slams won is better than Woods's Majors entered to won by a fair bit. He'll be past Sampras's record (assuming he stays fit) in three years at the outside; Woods may not even actually break Nicholas's mark.
Tennis is a young man's game, generally. I am no Tennis expert, but there have been a lot of people who've peaked at 25 or 26. He may not with another one. Woods still has 8-10 good years.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tennis and golf aren't comparable, golf, you tee up against 154 opponents (excepting invitationals) each tournament, tennis, you have to beat 7 opponents. Its always harder to win at golf, then any knock-out comp.

Woods will beat the Great Bear, whose titles spanned twenty years, less then one a year, yet he, before Woods, was the undisputed "greatest", of the modern age in golf.

Drastic disappearance of form, EDIT: as said by ss, above^,is much more common in tennis then in golf, many examples of players not winning past about 25.

Federer really needs to win at the French, anyway, imho, if he's to be ranked with Laver, in his own sport.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Woods, Federer and Schumacher are all much the same thing, ie. legends who've dominated for extended periods of time. I'd be tempted to single out Schumi, but that's only because I know far more about F1 than either tennis or golf.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woods, Federer and Schumacher are incredibly hard to seperate. I'd go with Woods though, he doesn't have the obvious shortcomings that Federer and Schumacher have/had.