• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the last week of May

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Can we have someone volunteer for the job of milestones updater

The CW Awards Team

Position vacant (milestones)
pasag (Bradman,Skull & Agarkar/Mohammed )
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig and Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting)

Back after the move. Come on the Windies, I can still remember when they were best team in the world

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Beleg for this click here great read, even managed to include the name of the awards dedication.

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Francis for this click here , great opening post, and some good debate

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: steds click here when I was a boy. We also have special mention for this: silentstriker click here it does not count as an award SS

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: no award this week

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: social for this click here social, social, social. We also have special mention for this: Scaly piscine click here It hurts

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: cover drive man has greatly improved and hopeflly he'll go from strength to strength , well done.

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
HeathDavisSpeed two awards good start

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: HeathDavisSpeed for this click here good rant, We also have special mention for this: silentstriker click here it does not count as an award SS

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: wpdavid click here the only person who can read the English selectors minds.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry about the lack of Sir Garfield and Sir Geoffrey Awards, has been the quietest week since I joined the team.

Had one hell of a difficult choice for the Saj this week, though. Good stuff from HDS, 3 awards in 2 weeks. Congrats to Yawer (Beleg), Manan having the Afridi snatched from under his nose again... :) (And he doesn't even seem to be online to make his usual early "ah, ****" post this week either)

I don't pick the Agarkar\Mohammed but if there was ever a deserving winner and one who I was certain about it was this week. Great stuff cdm - and it says a bit that you were the only one I even remotely considered for the Sir Garfield too. :thumbup1:

And one of the best Marsh-Lillee-s in history.

Good to have you back, too, Sean, I might add. :cool:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:cheers:

Go heathy, go heathy, go heathy.

It's going to be tough to keep this level of performance up, but I am ready for the challenges ahead. Before long, others will be able to bask in my award winning glory!

HeathDavisSpeed

Oh, and btw, if there was ever an award for most bizarre or out of place post, I would have nominated Amanda (forget her username) for her very interesting discourse on Spain yesterday, in a thread which seems to have been deleted (cos I can't find it). I thought it was excellent.

HeathDavisSpeed

Haha, we should do it! HDS could choose it every week. :p

Dunno if i'm the best judge of bizarre. Someone elses bizarre is common-or-garden to Heath. Mind you, people send in nominations don't they? Might stop me from giving it to myself every week (hey, an award's an award, right?)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sean (Akhil?), what do you think about a new addition to the Panel? :)

I like it, myself.

adharcric

International Coach
HDS for the most bizarre post, you mean? He can certainly choose the award but I suppose we need to come up with a unique, cricket-related title for the award.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed.

(I thought the Heath Davis Award would be best, but if you can think of something better, please do...)

What did you think of the suggestion for a Jimmy Adams Award, BTW?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, genuine LOL at the drumming into ss that he's not winning an award in these cases.

HeathDavisSpeed

(I thought the Heath Davis Award would be best, but if you can think of something better, please do...)
Paul 'frog in a blender' Adams would surely take the biscuit for most bizarre cricketer of all time? There might be someone better, but the 'Frog in a blender' award sounds suitably bizarre. Nothing bizarre about old Heathy here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Paul 'frog in a blender' Adams would surely take the biscuit for most bizarre cricketer of all time? There might be someone better, but the 'Frog in a blender' award sounds suitably bizarre. Nothing bizarre about old Heathy here.
The FIAB Award? Sounds good.

There have been more than a few more bizarre cricketers than him, mind, but am rather tired to go through them now. :sleep: And Adams fits the bill perfectly in being a modern(ish) player which most of the Awards are.

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
Indeed.

Don't really have any ideas myself but I thought naming a (negative) award after a member might set a bad precedent or be considered controversial by some, even if HDS, you and I don't mind it. Sean can probably offer better judgment here.
Richard said:
What did you think of the suggestion for a Jimmy Adams Award, BTW?
Can you remind me what that was all about?

Last edited: