• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the last week of May

adharcric

International Coach
The FIAB Award? Sounds good.

There have been more than a few more bizarre cricketers than him, mind, but am rather tired to go through them now. :sleep: And Adams fits the bill perfectly in being a modern(ish) player which most of the Awards are.
Not bad. Is there a way we can incorporate the cricketer's name into the award title? Otherwise, let's wait a day for more suggestions. Ideas, anyone?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't really have any ideas myself but I thought naming a (negative) award after a member might set a bad precedent or be considered controversial by some, even if HDS, you and myself don't mind it. Sean can probably offer better judgment here.
I was thinking of naming it after the judge, TBH - and it doesn't strike me as negative, really, any more than the Inzy. And I certainly don't think that's a negative at all. Inzy-winners are invariably absolute legends (FRAZ being the most regular).
Can you remind me what that was all about?
Haha. It was discussed between me and my namesake Edmunds in the WI in Eng thread... so may be a bit hard to find... but I did post in the award-starting thread. We thought a Jimmy Adams Award for stating the obvious, as he was doing a good deal of that at the time the idea was conceived.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not bad. Is there a way we can incorporate the cricketer's name into the award title? Otherwise, let's wait a day for more suggestions. Ideas, anyone?
TBF, the Skull doesn't have O'Keeffe's name in it, and I think it gets boring if we just use players' complete names. As long as the Award has the explanation I think it'll be fine. I'd really go for the FIAB Award, TBH. Though open to suggestions, of course - there might be something better.

adharcric

International Coach
TBF, the Skull doesn't have O'Keeffe's name in it, and I think it gets boring if we just use players' complete names. As long as the Award has the explanation I think it'll be fine. I'd really go for the FIAB Award, TBH. Though open to suggestions, of course - there might be something better.
Sure, as long as there is an explanation. Open for discussion ... :)

archie mac

International Coach
Yes the frog idea is a good one, but can we make it different enough from the Inzi?

The Inzi is not always that easy to find a worthy winner atm:)

adharcric

International Coach
Sean, what about the Jimmy Adams award idea?
Richard said:
It was discussed between me and my namesake Edmunds in the WI in Eng thread... so may be a bit hard to find... but I did post in the award-starting thread. We thought a Jimmy Adams Award for stating the obvious, as he was doing a good deal of that at the time the idea was conceived.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes the frog idea is a good one, but can we make it different enough from the Inzi?

The Inzi is not always that easy to find a worthy winner atm:)
I reckon it's pretty different. The Inzy is something that we can't really understand, while the FIAB award would be something totally random.

archie mac

International Coach
I reckon it's pretty different. The Inzy is something that we can't really understand, while the FIAB award would be something totally random.

Okay, lets go for it, and should we also have the Jimmy Adams award fro stating the obvious?

And the Judges for these awards?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll volunteer to judge the Jimmy Adams. Unless of course whoever originally thought it up wants to do it.

adharcric

International Coach
I'll volunteer to judge the Jimmy Adams. Unless of course whoever originally thought it up wants to do it.
Ultimately up to Sean and Richard here but I'm in favor of this - it's always great to have a new addition to the team. Given that Richard already has four major awards to cover, this sounds like a good idea to me.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prince EWS, are you interested in additionally filling the milestones vacancy?
Yep, love to.

You can email me any information I need at prince.ews at cricketmail dot net (or catch me on MSN at the same address if that floats your boat).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Surely Nostradamus here deserved something.

This match is gonna fizzle into a draw, because India just can't score quick enough. They'll take the entire second day to register like 600 or so, and then take 15 wickets in the next 3 days.

Snatching a draw from the jaws of victory.