• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question to London(Eng) fans?

itduzz

Banned
Wats the news with Simon Jones? Will he be fit for the Indian series. I hope Flintoff,Simon Jones, Hoggard,Panesar & Harmison are fit then and :laugh: beat the hell out of Indian team. Inshallah

Swervy

International Captain
Wats the news with Simon Jones? Will he be fit for the Indian series. I hope Flintoff,Simon Jones, Hoggard,Panesar & Harmison are fit then and :laugh: beat the hell out of Indian team. Inshallah
I wouldn't like to comment as I am a Canberra fan myself ;)

Nishant

International 12th Man
in that case....i hpe ur wrong! :)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Regarding the thread title - London is just one city NOT a country, therefore you should've addressed it to England fans. Thank you.

On a slightly similar note: my sis went to Bath on Saturday & saw a bride getting out of a stretched Beetle, then head into wherever it was the reception was being held. Next to her were a couple of American tourists. One turned to the other and said 'Well, now I can say I've seen a wedding in London!', then walked off, leaving my sis looking incredulous!

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I mean is Jones is a much better player than sidebottom. You can not judge a whole player on one particular perfomance.
Which is pretty much what people are doing in regards to Simon Jones after his 2005 Ashes heroics.

pasag

RTDAS
People have to seriously stop talking about Simon Jones already, it's nearly been two years since he's played and I doubt he'll ever play for England again and even if he did I doubt he'll reach anywhere near his 2005 form and even if he did, he's the type of player that will be injured again five minutes later. If he goes on to have a successful career it will be a massive surprise and bonus, but I don't think I have ever seen this much fawning for something that's probably never going to happen, ever. Get over it ffs. Saj next week please.

jammay123

State 12th Man
apparently jones has had a setback. lots of knee swelling and even if this did noy happen the likleyhood was that he wouldnt play this summeranyways glamorgan had orders from the ecbthat jones must have a 10 day break after each championship match he plays. hopefully hell play again but i dont see him pullin on a england shirt anytime soon

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
People have to seriously stop talking about Simon Jones already, it's nearly been two years since he's played and I doubt he'll ever play for England again and even if he did I doubt he'll reach anywhere near his 2005 form and even if he did, he's the type of player that will be injured again five minutes later. If he goes on to have a successful career it will be a massive surprise and bonus, but I don't think I have ever seen this much fawning for something that's probably never going to happen, ever. Get over it ffs. Saj next week please.
I'd almost prefer Simon to Saj regardless, TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which is pretty much what people are doing in regards to Simon Jones after his 2005 Ashes heroics.
Sort of. Jones, to date, has still done more than Sidebottom. Sidebottom's had 1 good game, Jones had 2 sensational first-innings performances and a good year or so beforehand of showing some signs that he had the potential to do what he did in 2005.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
I've said it in a couple of threads already but I'll say it again. I'm no expert but I saw him at the county ground the other week and he looked like he belonged anywhere but on a cricket field. Also given that his knee has swollen after his rest period I'd be very shocked if you see him much this whole summer for Glamorgan never mind for England.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
From what I read in the papers it is true that he is struggling again. Considering his injury record (and his father's career get wrecked by injury too) I hope Moores and Vaughan are sensible enough just to assume he will be injured and treat the time he is fit as a bonus (if there is any)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
His Dad's career got wrecked by medicine more than injury, TBH.

Tennis-elbow - that's all it was - was pumped even fuller with cortisone.