• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2007 Four-Nations Tournament

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I don't think they were that bad. Australia had the best of rest outside FC cricket. South Africa had a similar strength sides with a few less A players and fringe internationals. NZ had two sides from memory that had decent players in each side, but no depth.

Didn't the Kiwis have Shane Bond in 2005 when Karnataka beat them in the final......and Both NZL and RSA had A team players last year.

So Karnataka have punched well above their wieight.......

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't the Kiwis have Shane Bond in 2005 when Karnataka beat them in the final......and Both NZL and RSA had A team players last year.

So Karnataka have punched well above their wieight.......
Basically all three sides were the next best after the A team, maybe even better then that.

Flem274*

123/5
:@ What are we doing wasting space with Marshall?

Redmond opening? You'd think we'd have learnt by now that middle oreder players are not openers.

Good to see they've got a good Taranaki man in there too, Jamie How. Scored a century too by the looks of that scorecard.:)

So, kick Marshall out and put Redmond at 4 and the other Taranaki opener who scored four FC 100's last year, Peter Ingram in.:cool:

Is this being televised on NZ TV? I want to see Anderson and Williamson play.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it was a long shot. I thought that maybe just once they'd leave the reunion reruns and world chess championships alone and show some cricket.
Not a chance mate, we got a couple of Twenty20 games and the State Shield final last year, that's all. It's so ****ing dire.

Flem274*

123/5
Not a chance mate, we got a couple of Twenty20 games and the State Shield final last year, that's all. It's so ****ing dire.
Hell yes, from what I remember on the radio alot of the FC and list A games were pretty close and exciting. Instead we get to watch replays of some long lost rugby union or league game.

Perm

Hell yes, from what I remember on the radio alot of the FC and list A games were pretty close and exciting. Instead we get to watch replays of some long lost rugby union or league game.
Unfortunately so, not that I mind watching either of those sports. I have to admit the coverage that domestic cricket gets on the radio is absolutely superb, I tune in all the time.

Flem274*

123/5
Unfortunately so, not that I mind watching either of those sports. I have to admit the coverage that domestic cricket gets on the radio is absolutely superb, I tune in all the time.
Same. Nothing better than sitting back with the radio on and some music in the background and a beer (Usually something stronger after the game finishes if I'm at a friends) and listening to the cricket. I still remember the time we painted my friend green to support CD. Fun times.

So hint to sky, show some domestic cricket damn it!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand beat South Africa in the first 20/20 match by 3 wickets with two balls to spare. Alviro Peterson top scored for SA (59) and Gareth Hopkins for NZ (51). For the bowlers Warren McSkimming and Vernon Philander picked up 3 a peice.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa have made up after their initial 20/20 defeat against the New Zealanders by beating both Australia and India's Karnataka State side.

Scorecards from both games

South Africa Emerging Players 6 for 134 (Ontong 63*, Sullivan 3-30) beat
Australian Academy 7 for 131 (Ronchi 35, Morne Morkel 3-8) by four wickets

South Africa Emerging Players 5 for 140(Philander 40, Kuhn 37, Faf 26)
Karnataka State Cricket Association 7 for 127

In the other games Australia defeated Karnataka but was later destroyed by the New Zealanders.

New Zealand A 5 for 207 (Broom 84*, Nicol 55, Bailey 3-34) beat
Australian Academy 158 (Ronchi 52) by 49 runs

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/302262.html

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The KSCA side here looks a bit out of its depth. The New Zealand and South African sides are effectively full 'A' teams, while the Australian Academy is also very strong. From thw KSCA side, I can only recognise Goud, Chougule and Raghu, none of whom are anywhere near the India side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
First 50 over game was played today and South Africa trounced Karnataka State Cricket to the tune of nine wickets, with more than ten overs to spare (thus obtaining a bonus point). The win takes South Africa to the top of the table, leapfrogging the unbeaten New Zealanders.

South Africa Emerging Players 1 for 163 (Petersen 82*, Francois du Plessis 39*) beat
Karnataka State Cricket Association XI 158 (Pawan 48, Abdullah 3-30, Philander 2-20, Botha 2-35) by 9 wickets

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone honestly explain why Karnataka sent an Association XI into this tournament, where you find international fringe players in other teams? We've seen stronger teams fielded by Karnataka than this one- look, no Gaurav Dhiman, no Rowland, no Thilak Naidu, no Aiyappa, no Vinay Kumar, not even a Stuart Binny!

HeathDavisSpeed

Good to see Broom scoring well for us against the Ockers... Here's a few choice snippets I'd like to highlight from the match report:

legspinner Cullen Bailey, who outfoxed James Marshall (30) - Not too big an achievement really, Bailey. I've seen sloths with terminal rickets outfox the Marshall twins on a good batting surface. You don't need to bowl legspin!

Broom... pounded six sixes and seven fours in a 51-ball stay. - Good stuff. What we don't need though is another youngster who's all hell and fury but amounts to nothing. I hope he can build on this through the longer formats.

James McMillan and Hamish Bennett were unleashed and the Karnataka batsmen were unable to break free as they crawled to 6 for 97. - Good to see some of our quicker bowlers taking wickets. A big surprise to see Bennett succeeding, even against Karnataka. Wouldn't say he'd have enough games under his belt to succeed on Aussie wickets.

Scorecards:

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/display.aspx?pri=112&sec=725&cid=6312&tpl=2
http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/display.aspx?pri=112&sec=725&cid=6313&tpl=2

Perm

Yeah - no scorecards. The NZC website is putting up NZ's scorecards, but none of the others. Disappointing.
Very, hard to maintain interest when you have to hunt so hard for scorecards, I'm pretty sure that during this tournament last year, under the name Top End series, was covered by cricinfo.