• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh ODI captain resigns

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashraful is likely to take over the reigns. That thought doesn't fill me with much happiness.

Perm

But if not him, who? I dont see any other player captaining Bangladesh at the moment.
I would opt for Shahriar Nafees but with his lack of runs he isn't guaranteed a spot in the side. Mashrafe Mortaza is another option, but I'd prefer him to develop as a player more before the captaincy becomes an issue.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Rajin Saleh IMO.

Rafiques too old. Nafees I think would suffer from captaincy, ditto Mortaza.
Ashraful needs to attend an academy or get a high profile batting coach.
Hasan, maybe.
Abdur Razzaq is an option but he's a little up and down and not a must pick.
Aftab can't seem to hold down a regular spot these days but IMO would be a good option.
Javed Omar...please retire.

NZTailender

TBH my Bangladesh team for ODI's would be:

1. Shariar Nafees
2. Rajin Saleh*
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Sakib Al Hasan
5. Habibul Bashar/Mohammad Ashraful
6. Mushfiqur Rahim+
7. Manjural Islam Rana/Shahadat Hossain (but batting at11)
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

Perm

I'd go for another batsman (an opener) and get rid of Rana/Shadhadat. Don't make Rajin Saleh open, it will ruin him. He is the best batsman in Bangladesh IMO and should be allowed to bat at 3.

NZTailender

I'd go for another batsman (an opener) and get rid of Rana/Shadhadat. Don't make Rajin Saleh open, it will ruin him. He is the best batsman in Bangladesh IMO and should be allowed to bat at 3.
Has a century and a few fifties opening. He averages 1 more at 3.
Could always bump everyone down a spot and bring in an opener - Mehrab perhaps, though I'm not convinced despite some talent shown.

Perm

I'd much prefer to see Saleh at three, it's his natural position. I daresay he'll be on the outer of the ODI side for a while, but if he gets dropped from the Test team I'll be peeved.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry to move away from the main topic but I was wondering what Saqibal/ Shakib/ Shakib Al's real name is. We've had 3 different variaties.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
I wish he were alive, but he was killed recently in a road accident. A terrible loss to Bangladesh cricket.

TBH my Bangladesh team for ODI's would be:

1. Shariar Nafees
2. Rajin Saleh*
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Sakib Al Hasan
5. Habibul Bashar/Mohammad Ashraful
6. Mushfiqur Rahim+
7. Manjural Islam Rana/Shahadat Hossain (but batting at11)
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel