• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, disappointed to see Munaf not selected. I'd have him ahead of Ishant Sharma tbh. Suppose there are question marks surrounding his fitness/attitude though. I would've had Sehwag in there, but it's not a big surprise that he didn't make the cut.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, Munaf has done that routine a few too many times for the selection committee. I wouldn't have had Ishant Sharma though.. too inexperienced, could have been played in the ODIs though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, disappointed to see Munaf not selected. I'd have him ahead of Ishant Sharma tbh. Suppose there are question marks surrounding his fitness/attitude though. I would've had Sehwag in there, but it's not a big surprise that he didn't make the cut.
Why would you have Sehwag in there ? It's good to see Sehwag, Bhajji and Munaf out and Irfan staying in the NCA. These guys have got so many opportunities to prove themselves.

Also good on the selection commitee for finally recognizing domestic performance of Ranadeb Bose. I like the look of the test squad, with Dravid, Ganguly and Tendulkar all in decent form. Jaffer/Karthik/Gambhir will do well @ opening with Dravid/Tendulkar/GangulyVVS/Yuvraj/Dhoni in the middle, Batting looks strong to me and bowling looks balanced.

:cool: My prediction - India to draw or win the series in England.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FFS, why on EARTH has this Randeep Bose chap never played before?
I think its only this past season that he had so much success. Before that, he wasn't even the best bowler in the Bengal side, SS Paul was. Seems to have improved a whole lot though.

pasag

RTDAS
Long-term Greigy chance there.
Beat him to it by 17 posts :p

Sehwag's been in good recent ODI form, but I guess selectors want to try out stuff in Ireland as the series doesn't mean much anyways. Wouldn't be suprised if he was recalled for the 7 match series after the Tests. And lol at Crampton.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think its only this past season that he had so much success. Before that, he wasn't even the best bowler in the Bengal side, SS Paul was. Seems to have improved a whole lot though.
There's another one I just don't get why he's never played so much as a single Test, TBH. And has he gone off the boil of late?

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Paul? He missed most of last season due to injury otherwise he might have been a chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, I've never seen Sanz so excited, but to be honest, I can understand why.

I'm delighted with Sehwag and Harbhajan not making the cut. Munaf is just a disappointing case, because he's so damn talented, but such a lazy **** who doesn't give a crap about his fitness, fielding or batting. Just thinks he can walk up and bowl, and that'll be it. He ain't going to be able to get away with that in this day and age of professional cricket.

Hopefully India can do well in England, I'm predicting a drawn series personally. I don't think we'll have the bowling to win it, but I think we'll have the batting (and conditions in our favour) to draw it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Munaf is just a disappointing case, because he's so damn talented, but such a lazy **** who doesn't give a crap about his fitness, fielding or batting. Just thinks he can walk up and bowl, and that'll be it. He ain't going to be able to get away with that in this day and age of professional cricket.
Well I have the same sort of routine in Sunday\Midweek XI Devon cricket (haven't been to a net for 2 years, am **** with both diet and exercise, though obviously the talent is scaled-down relatively) and I don't get away with it either. :)

Not something I'm proud of, TBH, and whenever I think about it I think "I should eat better stuff, do some exercise, buy some spikes, net wherever I can, use my camcorder to do some video analysis, work on reverse-swing, sort-out my ankle which hasn't been in a fit state for years and badly affects my fielding, and several other things" but when it comes down to it dossing is just so much easier. :)

R_D

International Debutant
happy about Sehwag and Harbhjan missing out. Shame about Munaf, he would've tourbled english batsman but there was every bit chance of him breakign down after first seesion thou.
pretty happy aboyut the team... could to see some of the younger guys retain their places.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Why would you have Sehwag in there ?
Only reason is the other openers are all very inexperienced. I can definitely see the logic behind his omission though, and it's not something I'm fussed about. Other than that, the only disappointment for me is the inclusion of Ishant Sharma - it's a hard ask to go on a long tour of England with only 1 Test against Bangladesh and 7 First-Class games behind him. Then again, I didn't see the Bangladesh Tests, maybe he showed enough to make it worthwhile to take him to England.