• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did you link to this thread from Bennett (steds)'s post in that mistaken thread of mine? :p

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
So when are you going to blame ECB for scheduling so many games or as usual your diatribe is reserved for India only, Sir Scally Pissin. ?
I think he said India because it's India who's going to have to play all the ODIs. If he had said England, the implication would be that England have a tough schedule, which isn't so much the case as with India.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think he said India because it's India who's going to have to play all the ODIs. If he had said England, the implication would be that England have a tough schedule, which isn't so much the case as with India.
India can play as many ODIs as they want, why does it bother Sircare Scally Pissin ? It's not like they are playing these ODIs at the expense of Test series in England. If India had agreed to play 50 20/20s in England Sir Scaly Pissin would have been very happy.

If ECB had the choice they would have made English team play these ODIs, After all they are playing 7 useless ODIs in England, aren't they ?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, in matches that don't involve Australia or New Zealand I usually support the team that is playing cricket the way I like.

pasag

RTDAS
The schedule is the biggest joke. Anyways, going for India to win the Tests 1-0 making it India's first series win in England in over 20 years. Could be horribly wrong though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did you change your tip recently, because I thought I read in the WI thread you predicting an England series win?

For mine its incredibly hard to predict. England deservedly will go in favourites, but I haven't looked forward to an Indian test series like this since Australia's tour to India in 2004.

pasag

RTDAS
Did you change your tip recently, because I thought I read in the WI thread you predicting an England series win?

For mine its incredibly hard to predict. England deservedly will go in favourites, but I haven't looked forward to an Indian test series like this since Australia's tour to India in 2004.
Pretty sure I predicted every match to be a draw, can't remember tbh. But this England bowling outfit is really dire and I can't see Flintoff coming back in time. Doubt they'll trouble the Indian batsman very much tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah could be run fests for both sides if both attacks bowl like they have recently.
Can't see Monty troubling India tbh and whilst Flintoff and Hoggard are quite good and I rate both of them, it's just not enough, even if they are both firing. That said, like Simmy, I think England will win the series.
That was what I read of you earlier, but then again I haven't watched any of the 3rd test because of exams (not even one ball :(). Have England been that poor for you to change your tip? Sounds like Harmy has been doing his usual stuff again. :confused:

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmison has been absolutely terrible. Why the selectors continue to persist with him I just don't know.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Harmison has been absolutely terrible. Why the selectors continue to persist with him I just don't know.
they are putting a lot of faith in him TBH...they probably thought that he would come around. There is no doubt that he has talent. He does come up with those really excellent deliveries...but he is too inconsistent...and as you are saying...the selctors cant persist with him on the basis that he might bowl a really good delivery once in a while during a test match.

pasag

RTDAS
That was what I read of you earlier, but then again I haven't watched any of the 3rd test because of exams (not even one ball :(). Have England been that poor for you to change your tip? Sounds like Harmy has been doing his usual stuff again. :confused:
Yeah, pretty much and with Flintoff out. Should be studying as well tbh :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The schedule is the biggest joke. Anyways, going for India to win the Tests 1-0 making it India's first series win in England in over 20 years. Could be horribly wrong though.
Well one of their other 2 also came immediately after a victory in West Indies...

:unsure::fear: