Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Michael Vaughan is awesome

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Who does he replace though?
    Collingwood.

Then you get Trescothick-Strauss-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Bell-wicketkeeper-Flintoff, which is one hell of a unit. And it captures the entire Ashes-winning line-up again - which, whatever anyone says, would be nice.

Unfortunately, Strauss right now is not looking up to the job, so it's much more likely to be Trescothick-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Collingwood-Bell-wicketkeeper-Flintoff.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    I suspect you started this thread as a reaction to Boy Bamber's thread Rich. If not, then I think you're getting a bit carried away with your opening post tbh
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

The good thing was that the ton was chanceless, even tho he did get done by a slower ball and edge a few others. But it was against a rubbish attack, with no pace in the pitch and the ball wasn't doing anything. The only time there was even remotely a contest between bat and ball was towards the end with Collymore, if you took out that spell and faced the stuff earlier on you'd be looking at a 500+ score nearly every time - or 50s/100s galore for the top 6/7.

Even if Vaughan continues to fill his boots his problem will be when he comes up against genuine pace - last time that happened he kept getting bowled by a fairly average Test bowler.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

School Boy/Girl Captain

wake up!

When Vaughnies in touch he's insaciouble to watch, sheer class.

is touch is incredible. shame he caught the captains disease aswell but he is most probably the best captain to ever grace this country, as long as he has the players respect which all captains should have.

Strauss came into the side at no.3 and was our best player, Vaughny was a much better opener so the switch seems logical. also you would have thought as a captain opening straight away would let him be able to get on with the job rather than try and think for the team and have to come in early after losing a quick wicket and try and rescue the team.

3s the hardest position mentally to bat in so how can you expect him to cope with both? most good batting no3 captains are lousy captains. no wonder he looks nervy. and Strauss relished that role, he was born in the harsh Namib desert, he's made of steel (tough stuff).

also our bowling at the moment is woefull at best. Im delighted when a ball actually lands on the pitch. However well England bat it won't make a difference if both teams keep throwing down pies. right now there is not much between WI and ENG and its really P E ing me off that we start off making runs and everyone thinks we're steamrolling it and WI are uselless. What kind of hope can we have if our batsmen can't even feel confident at declaring for 300 ahead?

Bring back Frasier and Goughy anyday! any side would be lucky to win it at this rate. well worth a bett on DRAW DRAW DRAW...
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golaxi View Post
    Strauss came into the side at no.3 and was our best player, Vaughny was a much better opener so the switch seems logical.
    Erm, Strauss has opened in everyone of his 71 innings.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

One of my favourite players. Love watching him bat - great to see him back. Just makes me all the more angry that Foxtel didn't show it live, mind...
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    No-one's saying he's suddenly a World-beater. But many people believed that even what he did yesterday was beyond him.
    Which is exactly what my big fat Prior rant in the official thread was about after his ton, Richard.

School Boy/Girl Captain

nooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Erm, Strauss has opened in everyone of his 71 innings.
    I swear he played at 3 in the (2004?) Tour of S.A

he was...

solid as a...

rock....

him and Kallis were like superman
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

R_D
    Good for Vaughan .. this should give him a good confidence boost. Its very pleasing to see a player come back from injury and do well. He's a good player to watch when on song.

Who cares about bowling.. its a good achievment on his return.

I swear he played at 3 in the (2004?) Tour of S.A

he was...

solid as a...

rock....

him and Kallis were like superman, who play cricket
    He never batted 3.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Collingwood.

Then you get Trescothick-Strauss-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Bell-wicketkeeper-Flintoff, which is one hell of a unit. And it captures the entire Ashes-winning line-up again - which, whatever anyone says, would be nice.

Unfortunately, Strauss right now is not looking up to the job, so it's much more likely to be Trescothick-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Collingwood-Bell-wicketkeeper-Flintoff.
    I don'r get it. Why would you want Collingwood to go, hasn't he been the most consistent English batsman in past year or so. If anyone its Strauss who's been pretty medicore throughout. Collingwood may not have the all-round strokes but he makes for with his dtermination and will to fight. He's not pretty to watch but one of the few english batsman that are likeable really.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I care about bowling! if we wanna win a ph,ing test match!

give me the proof doc...

i remember him at 3 when he came into the side on the SA tour (part of the massive winning Ashes build up run) due to injury. Then got moved up to opener. He was invincible at 3
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

I care about bowling! if we wanna win a ph,ing test match!

give me the proof doc...

i remember him at 3 when he came into the side on the SA tour (part of the massive winning Ashes build up run) due to injury. Then got moved up to opener. He was invincible at 3
    Haha, this is ridiculous. If he batted three, dig up the scorecard on StatsGuru instead of just stating it over and over - it didn't happen.

You'll have problems though because it specifically says that all his innings have been opening.

Andrew Strauss - runs by batting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Collingwood.

tbf, Collingwood > Strauss on everything since 2005. And (a fit) Tresco-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Collingwood-Bell is better than Strauss-Tresco-Cook-Vaughan-Pietersen-Bell.

Collingwood is also > Bell atm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information