• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Batsman of 2000-2007

Which do you think is the best batsman of the 21 century?

• Matthew hayden - (AUS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Gilchrist - (AUS)

• Jacques Kallis - (RSA)

• Ricky Ponting - (AUS)

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Graeme Smith - (RSA)

• Chris Gayle - (WI)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kevin Pieterson - (GB)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • C. Silva - (SL)

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Herschelle Gibbs - (RSA)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • C. Jayasuriya (SL)

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
ALl rounders will be included but remember: This is a poll for BATTING skills, not bowling.

I include the teams of the batsmen just to let ya know which teams they play for.

pasag

RTDAS
Should have had Dravid, Yousuf and some others there, not to mention Lara, Tendulkar etc etc.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed, magnificent a player though he was he hardly played in the period in question.

2000-2007 is a very poor time to have in question - 2001-2007 would be far more appropriate.

If you did that, I'd almost have Hayden. There are few better at battering weak attacks. Except Ponting - and he can actually score against good seamers, too.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Why the **** is de Silva in that poll?
Indeed, magnificent a player though he was he hardly played in the period in question.

2000-2007 is a very poor time to have in question - 2001-2007 would be far more appropriate.

If you did that, I'd have Hayden, obviously. There are few better at battering weak attacks.
It's Chamara Silva, ya plonkers :laugh: Although what he's doing on this list I have no idea

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite. This is an everso slightly odd poll, but... is Tendulkar's record seriously that good? :blink:

From the New Zealand tour of 2002\03 to now, Bangladesh excluded, I'd no idea it was that good. Even so, he's been woefully inconsistent at the start of that time.

Fiery

Banned
Quite. This is an everso slightly odd poll, but... is Tendulkar's record seriously that good? :blink:

From the New Zealand tour of 2002\03 to now, Bangladesh excluded, I'd no idea it was that good. Even so, he's been woefully inconsistent at the start of that time.
He's still been pretty damn good in this period. All the flack he cops is due to the high expectations levels he has set himself

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've got a report to write right now, but I'll certainly be taking this one up a bit later.

Swervy

International Captain
He's still been pretty damn good in this period. All the flack he cops is due to the high expectations levels he has set himself
Really? Take away that 241*, 194* and 60*, in three innings a few years back (and not including vs B'desh) (which I am loathe to do, but it does show how inconsistant he has been), he has scored 1178 runs in the remaining 47 innings, with one hundred, 8 50s, at an average of 26, since the 2002 NZ series.

Even with those 3 consecutive not out scores, he only averages 37. He certainly isn't a dead cert bet for scoring runs in the last 5 years, whether expectations are high or not. I think it is because of expectations or reputation that he is even in the Indian test team at all.

Swervy

International Captain
Of course it is and he's earned that
yeah he has earned his rep, but don't you think that is to the detriment of the Indian team.

What he did in the 90s bears no relevence to what he has done in the last 5 years.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tendulkar post 2004 hasn't been very good at all. Tendulkar from 2002-2004 was good. Tendulkar pre-2002 was fantastic.