• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Batsman of 2000-2007

Which do you think is the best batsman of the 21 century?

• Matthew hayden - (AUS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Gilchrist - (AUS)

• Jacques Kallis - (RSA)

• Ricky Ponting - (AUS)

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Graeme Smith - (RSA)

• Chris Gayle - (WI)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kevin Pieterson - (GB)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • C. Silva - (SL)

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Herschelle Gibbs - (RSA)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • C. Jayasuriya (SL)

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cover drive man

International Captain
On a completely unrelated note, CDM's posts have been getting a lot better in the last two weeks or so. Well done. (Just a tip though - when writing sizable cricket posts like the one in this thread, try to seperate it into a few paragraphs to make it easier to read.)

Anyway, went with Ponting as well.
I've edited. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On a completely unrelated note, CDM's posts have been getting a lot better in the last two weeks or so. Well done.
I completely agree and said so a couple of days ago, TBH. Looks like I'm starting to drag that score back... what is it now:
Cribb 321-192 Dickinson?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Lara's highest score in this period = 400 not out.
Number of runs scored by Chamara Silva in his entire Test career to date: 213

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
:laugh:

Lara's highest score in this period = 400 not out.
Number of runs scored by Chamara Silva in his entire Test career to date: 213
Yeah, but you still gotta go for Chamara Silva.

He is closely followed by Cameron Jayasuriya.

Then daylight.

Then probably Ponting.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
tendulker, lara and obvious others should be there. what the hell is chamara silva doing there????

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
seems a little odd that u shud leave out Lara there. He has done enough in tests in the time period mentioned and I think he is easily in the top 3 of the mentioned time period.

But hard to see past Punter as the best of this current era.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
West Indies have nothing to do with this, I was merely stating that Hayden's 380 was against some seriously weak oppo.