• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 10 players who will "define" cricket in the next decade

R_D

International Debutant
how exactly has malinga not proved anything and asif is a surefire great.
test stats:
http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...1;.cgifields=cplayerid;.cgifields=comparetype
odi stats:
http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...1;.cgifields=cplayerid;.cgifields=comparetype

I rest my case.
by the way, pietersen is gonna carry england really far especially in odis. he goes after every bowler and is a huge hitter. also, bravo looks to be a great all-rounder. hopefully, he does not underachieve like one abdul razzak.
Well look at the test match averages... Asif hasn't proven much but imho certainly has all the assets to be a really dominating force with the ball for next decade or so if he can stay away from drugs :ph34r:
As for ODI's Asif hasn't been that great in those but if he goes to NZ soon i'm sure he'll improve his stats very quickly...... not suggesting NZ batsman are crap but pitches there will be very helpful to him ;)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Only time will tell, but being a great fielder, ok bowler and good batsman can make you an all rounder these days.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Nup. Tharanga scored 120 against the might of Harmison (ODI version), Plunkett, Bresnan, Mahmood, Collingwood and Dalrymple. Collingwood and Darlymple were England's best bowlers in that series - says it all. One of the worst attacks I've ever seen at ODI level - Bangladesh's current attack is much better really. He managed to score 109 when Mahmood was dropped for Kabir Ali, as well - a worse attack really. Flintoff was not playing.
That's a genuinely awful bowling attack for a 'non-minnow' team

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
As for Suresh Raina, I honestly believe that he should be treated carefully and possibly bridge the massive gap when Dravid, Ganguly and Tendulkar, all 34, retire in the next 5 years. He may be groomed into the next Indian batting talent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Talking about young Indian batting talent, really desperate to see Rohit Sharma have heard he seems to be the real deal. can anyone confirm it?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Talking about young Indian batting talent, really desperate to see Rohit Sharma have heard he seems to be the real deal. can anyone confirm it?
He is very good. How good he is against real pace isnt known since he never gets to face that. On the wickets he plays on in India and the bowling he faces, he looks superb.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If his record is anything to go by, then he could be a very good ODI batsman for India. He's only a young guy though, I'd give him a bit more time, just to see how he handles it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When we played against him, he was the one whom impressed us most. He had the technique best suited to all conditions of any of the subcontinent batsmen that I've seen in youth cricket.

A lot of the guys who made runs against us looked as though they were real "home grown products" (Ravikant Shukla, the captain, was a good example of this), and didn't like the ball above knee height. However, Sharma was really organised, and (without wanting to put the mockers on him) reminded me of Dravid in technique.

adharcric

International Coach
He is very good. How good he is against real pace isnt known since he never gets to face that. On the wickets he plays on in India and the bowling he faces, he looks superb.
He averaged 37 (combined one-day, four-day stats) in the Top End Series in Australia. That's a good sign.

adharcric

International Coach
When we played against him, he was the one whom impressed us most. He had the technique best suited to all conditions of any of the subcontinent batsmen that I've seen in youth cricket.

A lot of the guys who made runs against us looked as though they were real "home grown products" (Ravikant Shukla, the captain, was a good example of this), and didn't like the ball above knee height. However, Sharma was really organised, and (without wanting to put the mockers on him) reminded me of Dravid in technique.
Based upon what I have seen of Sharma (though not while playing against him), I'd have to agree. He plays the short ball quite well and he seems to have a good attacking game as well as a compact technique. Nevertheless, we have several batting prospects and Sharma should not be rushed. Same goes for Raina, Pujara and Tiwary to an extent. These guys have loads of time to develop into polished cricketers.

Pujara, Tehlan, Dhiman ... do you remember anything about them?

Last edited: