• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ten Best Cricketers Of All Time

Beleg

International Regular
I think he will make the top 10 cricketers of Pakistan

Imran
Miandad
Wasim
Waqar
Inzy
Shoaib
Saqlain
Fazal Mahmood
Hanif
Yousuf/Anwar

hmmm.....you might have a point

no, he doesn't have a point. anwar was a better cricketer than shoaib, yousuf, saqlain and fazal. imran, miandad, wasim, waqar and inzamam are the only certain enteries in that list. the likes of zaheer abbas can stake a reasonable claim.

smash84

The Tiger King
no, he doesn't have a point. anwar was a better cricketer than shoaib, yousuf, saqlain and fazal. imran, miandad, wasim, waqar and inzamam are the only certain enteries in that list. the likes of zaheer abbas can stake a reasonable claim.
Not really. Fazal, saqlain, yusuf, shoaib all have an equally strong case if not more than Anwar.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
shoaib, warts and all, was a phenomenally good bowler who managed to do superbly in most conditions. his bowling during his peak years was like a force of nature. also, no reason why younis khan cannot be rated above anwar. that man has stood up to be counted so many times.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
yes but you have to also give anwar the fact that he did reasonably well in the position that has almost always been the weakest link for pakistan.....that is opening

salman85

International Debutant
I'd put Salim Malik ahead of both Younis and Saeed Anwar as far as Pakistan's greatest cricketers go.Matchfixing or not,he was one of our most reliable batsmen in both forms of the game,and a better captain than he gets credit for.Also,he was probably one of the best players of spin from Pakistan.Arguably as good as,if not better than Miandad as far as playing spin goes.

1.Imran
2.Wasim
3.Miandad
4.Waqar
5.Inzi
6.Yousuf
7.Hanif
8.Shoaib
9.Kardar
10.Salim Malik

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd put Salim Malik ahead of both Younis and Saeed Anwar as far as Pakistan's greatest cricketers go.Matchfixing or not,he was one of our most reliable batsmen in both forms of the game,and a better captain than he gets credit for.Also,he was probably one of the best players of spin from Pakistan.Arguably as good as,if not better than Miandad as far as playing spin goes.

1.Imran
2.Wasim
3.Miandad
4.Waqar
5.Inzi
6.Yousuf
7.Hanif
8.Shoaib
9.Kardar
10.Salim Malik
I think you are getting carried away by not putting Anwar, Saqlain, Mushy, Zaheer Abbas, and rather going with the likes of Salim Malik and AH Kardar ahead of them

Blaze 18

Banned
Among those whose careers I've had the privilege of following closely :

1) Brian Lara
2) Glenn McGrath
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) Wasim Akram
5) Shane Warne
6) Muttiah Muralitharan
7) Curtly Ambrose
8) Allan Donald
9) Waqar Younis
10)Dale Steyn

Order could easily be reversed given how close it is.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's a testament to how close these lists are that when you look at older threads asking you to name a top 5 or 10, or a best XI, that you can even disagree with your own picks.

angad

U19 12th Man
Murali and Warne rated Salim Malik very high in top batsmens list, Malik/Azhar/Sidhu are great players of spin.