• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh touring SL in Mid June. This is ideal opportunity for SL to play several yung players at International level and see what they can do.

I am hoping Kapugedera, Warnapura, Amerasinghe and Lokuaraachchi get to play these Tests. I am hoping Murali will choose to remain at Lancashire and Sanath J is given a break from this series.

SL could trial Amerasinghe and Malinga opening the bowling, with Tharanga and Warnapura opening the batting , perhaps.

I would love Sri Lanka to play the youngsters in these Tests. It would be great and there is not likely to be another opportunity like this to give these guys a Test debut at home.

I would go with (for the First Test) -

Tharanga
Warnapura
Mahela
Sangakkara or Silva (wicket keeper)
Chamara Silva
Kapugedera
Dilshan
Malinga
Maharoof
Lokuaraachchi
Amerasinghe

How's that for a Team

cover drive man

International Captain
Bangladesh touring SL in Mid June. This is ideal opportunity for SL to play several yung players at International level and see what they can do.

I am hoping Kapugedera, Warnapura, Amerasinghe and Lokuaraachchi get to play these Tests. I am hoping Murali will choose to remain at Lancashire and Sanath J is given a break from this series.

SL could trial Amerasinghe and Malinga opening the bowling, with Tharanga and Warnapura opening the batting , perhaps.

I would love Sri Lanka to play the youngsters in these Tests. It would be great and there is not likely to be another opportunity like this to give these guys a Test debut at home.

Tharanga
Warnapura
Mahela
Chamara Silva
Kapugedera
Dilshan
Malinga
Maharoof
Lokuaraachchi
Amerasinghe

How's that for a Team
Where's Murali?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Tharanga
Warnapura
Mahela
Chamara Silva
Kapugedera
Dilshan
Malinga
Maharoof
Lokuaraachchi
Amerasinghe

How's that for a Team
Strange lower order there. Surely Maharoof and Lokuarachchi would bat above Malinga!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Rumesh Ratnayake is to be signed up as Sri Lanka's assistant coach for next 4 years replacing Trevor Penney .

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/295994.html

The question still remains as to who will be the head coach ...wonder if SL will go back to Bruce Yardley or someone like that again...or even Dav Whatmore, although it seems Dav is headed elsewhere ...(India, Pakistan or West Indies) ..

John Wright seems keen to wait for NZ to call him and in the meantime will go to Australian Academy job.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Small note, Warnapura (we called him Mally) played at my 3rd division club (dodgy connections) and he is a top class batsman and also took a bucket load of wickets and catches.

His batting average was 60.3 with a bowling average of 17 and 18 catches in 15 games.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rumesh Ratnayake is to be signed up as Sri Lanka's assistant coach for next 4 years replacing Trevor Penney .

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/295994.html

The question still remains as to who will be the head coach ...wonder if SL will go back to Bruce Yardley or someone like that again...or even Dav Whatmore, although it seems Dav is headed elsewhere ...(India, Pakistan or West Indies) ..

John Wright seems keen to wait for NZ to call him and in the meantime will go to Australian Academy job.
Still hope that Trevor Penny rejects WA and takes up the Sri Lankan role. Looks like his getting a trial which is a very good move. Also if he choices WA, i would expect that Ratnayake to take the head coaching role and SLC to save some money for a big name coach two years before the next World Cup.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
he was good for the old Bangladesh team. And he has really good contribution for Bangladesh. But its the time to go on. His diffensive mindset does not match with the current set of players. Its not about the form, he is pathetic with his captaincy, you can't win test match with diffensive mindset.

I still won't bother to see him as a batsman in Test matches, but as a captain? a big no.

Ridiculous thing to say. He isn't good enough to play ODI cricket, but he is the best Test batsman in the team IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
he was good for the old Bangladesh team. And he has really good contribution for Bangladesh. But its the time to go on. His diffensive mindset does not match with the current set of players. Its not about the form, he is pathetic with his captaincy, you can't win test match with diffensive mindset.

I still won't bother to see him as a batsman in Test matches, but as a captain? a big no.
He's still the best, Nafees is out of form and Ashraful isn't mature enough.

imperialist

Cricket Spectator
Who will be covering the series?

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know who has won the rights to air the game? Which channel will be showing the series in UK / Europe??

Aritro

International Regular
Ridiculous thing to say. He isn't good enough to play ODI cricket, but he is the best Test batsman in the team IMO.
His faculties have declined considerably in the last 12 months, I'm not sure that's true any more.

IMO Rajin Saleh's the best of the lot at the moment and should be in the one day team as well in place of Javed Omar.

Our next move should be to insert Mushfiqur Rahim into the team. There's never been a Bangladeshi batsman better equipped to handle test cricket.

Perm

His faculties have declined considerably in the last 12 months, I'm not sure that's true any more.

IMO Rajin Saleh's the best of the lot at the moment and should be in the one day team as well in place of Javed Omar.

Our next move should be to insert Mushfiqur Rahim into the team. There's never been a Bangladeshi batsman better equipped to handle test cricket.
I rate Rajin Saleh very highly as a Test batsman, I am one of his biggest supporters and firmly beleive he should be in the ODI team. However I would still rate Habibul Bashar as the best Test batsman that Bangladesh possess, just ahead of Saleh and Shahriar Nafees. Javed Omar being in the ODI side is a joke.

I was very surprised when Mushfiqur Rahim wasn't chosen as part of the Test team actually, he is a far better player than Khaled Mashud, just not as experienced. He will be a very good player in the future for Bangladesh.

cricman

International 12th Man
I'd like to see Ash handed the Captaincy on both versions, he's energetic and has the right mentalty, what type of captain sends in a 21 year old kid to a press confrence full of angry reporters?

Bashar has already steped down as ODI captain, he needs to stay 20 miles away from any current Bangladeshi National player. Most clueless captain i have ever seen.

Perm

I'd like to see Ash handed the Captaincy on both versions, he's energetic and has the right mentalty, what type of captain sends in a 21 year old kid to a press confrence full of angry reporters?

Bashar has already steped down as ODI captain, he needs to stay 20 miles away from any current Bangladeshi National player. Most clueless captain i have ever seen.
Ashraful needs to improve his own game and show that he can lead from the front with mature and responsible innings before he should even be considered as captaincy material.