• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your views on...

How would you Rate Monty

• there are better spiners for England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• A joke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I feel that Monty is denied things such as overs and apperances possibly because of something social. I know it sounds stupid but it is not impossible.
Monty is anti-social? Who knew? What does he do, pee in teammates shampoo bottles before they hit the showers?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel that Monty is denied things such as overs and apperances possibly because of something social. I know it sounds stupid but it is not impossible.
No offence, but I think that's a pretty far-out conspiracy theory. Monty Panesar is a good bowler and I think the selectors realise that, in the absence of Flintoff, he is probably England's best bowler.

cover drive man

International Captain
O.k it was kind of far fetched I'd agree in the absence of Flintoff, he is probably England's best bowler. Maybe even when Flintoff is playing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Depends. On a turning pitch, Panesar is a much better bet than either.

Given the rarity of turning pitches, though, on more occasions than not the aforementioned seamers will indeed be better. Unless, of course, we get more instances of batsmen using West Indies-style tactics of being repeatedly hit on the pads by straight balls that don't turn. :mellow:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Depends. On a turning pitch, Panesar is a much better bet than either.

Given the rarity of turning pitches, though, on more occasions than not the aforementioned seamers will indeed be better. Unless, of course, we get more instances of batsmen using West Indies-style tactics of being repeatedly hit on the pads by straight balls that don't turn. :mellow:
Yeah, I'm talking overall.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I voted for "a good player" though I dont agree with the second part of the sentence.... "who doesnt get enough chances". But this is the best fit.