• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good COULD Pakistan be?

Very unfair on Kaneria sure his wicket tally has been inflated due to some cheap wickets against early BD but if you look at the picture closely he has been pretty decent, 15 wickets each in his first tour to Aus and SA and to add to that 19 wickets in his first tour to India where he outbowled Kumble.
Taking that many wickets is hard an achievment when you're expensive.Kaneria,most of the times,goes for 50+ runs before starting to take wickets & almost always goes for over 100 runs whenever he takes 5 wickets.A pretty ordinary bowler IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Afridi,Rana & Sami are not quality ODI bowlers.Even if others consider them to be,I don't care as I'm much less interested in ODIs as compared to Tests.
They aren't bad either, just because Rana and Sami are useless Test bowlers doesn't mean they aren't poor ODI bowlers.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Afridi's bowling is very underrated, the best ODI bowler going around for Pakistan at the mo'. Sami is also proving to be a useful bowler in ODIs. Rana is considered pretty dire by most people but I don't think he's irredeemable.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
think afridi is 2nd to only murali and maybe brad hogg in the odi format in terms of spin bowling at the moment

Fusion

Global Moderator
So treat him as a spin bowler who can bat a bit?
That's certainly the best-fit role for him right now in ODI's. However, the context of my original post was in regards to Afridi as a batsman. As a batsman, his style will always produce extreme devotion or disgust.

pasag

RTDAS
Afridi's bowling is very underrated, the best ODI bowler going around for Pakistan at the mo'. Sami is also proving to be a useful bowler in ODIs. Rana is considered pretty dire by most people but I don't think he's irredeemable.
Better than Gul? I think Gul's underrated, massive gun imo.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i can see pakistan being the best side in 2008
but once again all depends on their pace attack

when was the last time pakistan had a fully fit pace attack mind you?
think it was in world cup 2003