• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

(Slightly late) CW Awards for 13th-20th May

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did it occur to you that I didn't realise the true gravity of the situation at that point?

It's only with Kev's post that I've realised how stupidly, absurdly, ridiculously overblown this thing is.

Those who have long-term grudges against me, naturally, might take this opportunity... mentioning no names...
Not the first time you've said this about me Richard. Its actually quite offensive. Everytime I disagree with you, you make it out to be a petty grudge. Have you ever thought, I might disagree, because you talk so much.......

ooh, wonder what the dots denote, its clever int'it, but not insulting at all, thankfully.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So whilst my own issue is more with the nature of the awards than Richard, the fact that Richard seems (whether true or not) to be taking it more seriously than others makes it look like he has assumed a position of authority and standing on the forums over and above other members.
It's not true at all. As with The Pitt Affair it's easy to see, with hindsight, why I could have been appearing to say something I wasn't. Sadly, as I know from that issue, it takes quite something to convince otherwise those who have attained the ideas that they have.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So you honestly think I was vastly overestimating my own importance? Or being stupid enough to make a comment that obviously had the potential to make me look very silly indeed - in a matter of minutes - had I meant it 100%?
Yes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not the first time you've said this about me Richard. Its actually quite offensive. Everytime I disagree with you, you make it out to be a petty grudge.
No, not every time you disagree with me. Just every time you make an attempt to say something that will have a negative effect on the way I am perceived on the forum. And yes, it does come across as being nothing but a petty grudge and opportunism to jump on any anti-Dickinson bandwagon going. And no, I'm not the only one that thinks that about you and one or two others.
Have you ever thought, I might disagree, because you talk so much.......

ooh, wonder what the dots denote, its clever int'it, but not insulting at all, thankfully.
EXD'd be proud of you, carrying the fight like that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I really did think you knew me better than that.
I don't know how well I know you. I do consider you a very nice bloke though. I do think you have some flaws in your posting but you have improved tremendously from the past in this aspect. That is not a major thing though. In all, I do hold you in good regard.

On this whole sarcasm point - I am not god and neither is any one else. If you do believe you are being misinterpreted constantly, maybe you shouldn't try to be sarcastic or you should include a smiley with it. I know you don't like including a smiley for sarcasm but that is way better than confusion being created.

grecian

No, not every time you disagree with me. Just every time you make an attempt to say something that will have a negative effect on the way I am perceived on the forum. And yes, it does come across as being nothing but a petty grudge and opportunism to jump on any anti-Dickinson bandwagon going. And no, I'm not the only one that thinks that about you and one or two others.

EXD'd be proud of you, carrying the fight like that.
Right, well its hard to argue with someone, who keeps on talking about mythical "others", and refuses to argue points, only personal twaddle.

Oh, yeah, me and Scaly are very close, I'm glad you noticed :unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, well its hard to argue with someone, who keeps on talking about mythical "others", and refuses to argue points, only personal twaddle.
Haha. It's hard to argue with someone who suggests that someone else "refuses to argue points, only personal twaddle". And no, said others aren't mythical. How many people do you talk to off-forum, I wonder?
Oh, yeah, me and Scaly are very close, I'm glad you noticed :unsure:
I made no such suggestion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know how well I know you. I do consider you a very nice bloke though. I do think you have some flaws in your posting but you have improved tremendously from the past in this aspect. That is not a major thing though. In all, I do hold you in good regard.

On this whole sarcasm point - I am not god and neither is any one else. If you do believe you are being misinterpreted constantly, maybe you shouldn't try to be sarcastic or you should include a smiley with it. I know you don't like including a smiley for sarcasm but that is way better than confusion being created.
Not using sarcasm, or putting in smileys, is easier said than done. I'll give it a try, mind, as incidents like this are categorically not savoury. Thing is, though, I can't win - if I never do such things it's everything we've had in the past and the whole "you don't get humour" nonsense.

Oh, and one (faitly unimportant) thing: it wasn't actually me that said I don't like putting in smileys to convey jokeyness\irony\sarcasm\etc., it was Kendawg, though I do echo his sentiments.

grecian

Haha. It's hard to argue with someone who suggests that someone else "refuses to argue points, only personal twaddle". And no, said others aren't mythical. How many people do you talk to off-forum, I wonder?
I don't talk to anyone off forum Richard, it's a deliberate policy, because I don't want to get involved in pointless in-fighting. Which you clearly realise, and keep on waffling on, about how wildly popular you are on messenger. I have no interest in what others say about me off-forum, I go totally on what I see on-forum. Which surely is the entire point of posting on forums. Name names, or shut up about it.

Again, what points are you arguing here?

Which is why some of us prefer user-names, and others insist on real names, which are unknown to 90% of the readers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't talk to anyone off forum Richard, it's a deliberate policy, because I don't want to get involved in pointless in-fighting. Which you clearly realise, and keep on waffling on, about how wildly popular you are on messenger. I have no interest in what others say about me off-forum, I go totally on what I see on-forum. Which surely is the entire point of posting on forums. Name names, or shut up about it.
No, I don't "keep waffling on about how popular I am on Messenger". Because in case you don't realise it, the people on the Messenger are actually the same people as those who post on the forum. Some stuff doesn't get said on the forum that gets said on MSN - it's called forum rules, there are some things that are against protocol. I have no wish to incriminate myself by saying stuff on the forum that I know will get me into trouble. So if I wish to talk about something which is not appropriate to be saying on the forum, I use other methods.

If you don't do stuff like that, you don't get the full picture, and no amount of trying to completely divorce the two things will alter that.
Which is why some of us prefer user-names, and others insist on real names, which are unknown to 90% of the readers.
No, that's actually a completely different issue.

grecian

Okay Richard, different interweb philosophies, clearly, lets agree to disagree.

Just realise, accusing people (not just me) of "having a grudge", is a personal insult, maybe one of those things you should keep to your messenger-chat. Much worse then I've said to you imho.

ho-hum

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I see someone as having a grudge against me (and I discuss the matter with one or two who say the same thing) and see the results of that grudge appearing (in such utterly ridiculous ascertations like SW\BLE being a superior poster to me) I'll point it out.

And people are unlikely to see it as a personal insult.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, how predictable was that?

Let's hope that this somewhat bizarre interlude ceases once Sean starts posting the awards again.