• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Bevan's Bat

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just read in the paper today that Michael Bevan has gotten approval to put an advertisement on the back of his bat for his new book, BOB (Best Of Bevan), where his best innings are dissected and rated.

So I'm puzzled as to why this is a-okay without so much as a murmur from the ICC yet Saqlain's bat with the Ben Hollioake charity on it is taboo.

Can someone explain the lack of parity here? There must be a reason but I sure missed it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Top_Cat
I just read in the paper today that Michael Bevan has gotten approval to put an advertisement on the back of his bat for his new book, BOB (Best Of Bevan), where his best innings are dissected and rated.

So I'm puzzled as to why this is a-okay without so much as a murmur from the ICC yet Saqlain's bat with the Ben Hollioake charity on it is taboo.

Can someone explain the lack of parity here? There must be a reason but I sure missed it.
I think its sommit to do with the fact that the Ben Hollioake Charity is a Charity not a proper company or something. I don't know really, maybe the ICC just don't like advertising charities?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
What was the petition for?
It was to complain about Adam Hollioake and Saqulain not being allowed to show the Ben Hollioake Charity Stickers on their bats...

Andre

International Regular
I think you will find the problem was that rather than the advertising logo which Bevan will have, the bats were actually for the charity and not made by a registered bat company - eg rather than the puma stickers which will still be on bevo's bat, it was the ben holliake stickers on front and back. still should have been ok if you ask me though.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think you should be able to put whatever you like on your bat so long as it isnt offensive.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dont see a problem, as long as its only small, i dont think bats that are fully covered with advertising would not look right

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
that's australian gold my friend. and it's the uniform that the best team in current cricket has worn for 100's of years

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Slats4ever
that's australian gold my friend. and it's the uniform that the best team in current cricket has worn for 100's of years
They have actually only been wearing it since World Series Cricket started!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Slats4ever
In the NUL in England, Durham wear gold...and look at them :(