Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Vincent set to quit New Zealand

  1. #31
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    How about a really crazy idea...Like Craig Cumming and Michael Papps?

    Papps for sure...
    Cumming maybe...

    Both together.... No thanks...

    I think you'd see test match attendances plummet even further with both them together.

    Sadly, I have no answer for our opening problem. I'd like to see Papps and Vincent in the next test, but I hold little hope of that being a long term solution.

  2. #32
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,308
    FFS Lou, you're a shoo in for the side now. Why leave? We will have a new coach shortly so if you perform as well as you have recently then you will be a first choice every time. (yes I know he's not likely to be viewing these forums.)
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #33
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Papps for sure...
    Cumming maybe...

    Both together.... No thanks...

    I think you'd see test match attendances plummet even further with both them together.

    Sadly, I have no answer for our opening problem. I'd like to see Papps and Vincent in the next test, but I hold little hope of that being a long term solution.
    Frankly I couldn't give a rat's arse how many people go to the Test's aslong as we are winning and our openers doing the job.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  4. #34
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    FFS Lou, you're a shoo in for the side now. Why leave? We will have a new coach shortly so if you perform as well as you have recently then you will be a first choice every time. (yes I know he's not likely to be viewing these forums.)
    We have Heath Davis so I'm sure Lou is out there somewhere.


  5. #35
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,308
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Papps for sure...
    Cumming maybe...

    Both together.... No thanks...

    I think you'd see test match attendances plummet even further with both them together.

    Sadly, I have no answer for our opening problem. I'd like to see Papps and Vincent in the next test, but I hold little hope of that being a long term solution.
    Who cares about attendance, runs win matches. Wins get crowds. Wins and crowds = money.

    Papps and Cumming with Lou in the middle order, I reckon he'd make a decent no.3. He's got the opening skills and he's got the middle order skills. Excellent option for No.3.

  6. #36
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Frankly I couldn't give a rat's arse how many people go to the Test's aslong as we are winning and our openers doing the job.
    You've obviously never been at the Basin on a foggy day at a test match where the only other attendees are the other players and a mother and son holding a sad looking placard saying "GO CHATFIELD!!"

    If you'd be there, you'd be begging for higher attendances at test matches, but I get your point. Results first, attractive cricket second..... Just like for New Zealand Cricket since time immemorial!!

  7. #37
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    We have Heath Davis so I'm sure Lou is out there somewhere.
    Thank you (waves to the adoring crowds)

  8. #38
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    You've obviously never been at the Basin on a foggy day at a test match where the only other attendees are the other players and a mother and son holding a sad looking placard saying "GO CHATFIELD!!"

    If you'd be there, you'd be begging for higher attendances at test matches, but I get your point. Results first, attractive cricket second..... Just like for New Zealand Cricket since time immemorial!!
    As a nation we don't appreciate Test cricket, and that isn't likely to change in the next 5 years even if we are winning.

  9. #39
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    As a nation we don't appreciate Test cricket, and that isn't likely to change in the next 5 years even if we are winning.
    Yeah, we need the media to actualy talk us up in tests for once and NZC to advertise tests. Also, if we lose, no more "Oh the black Caps are rubbish. Don't bother watching that rubbish watch a good game of rugby instead." It's infuriating.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    As a nation we don't appreciate Test cricket, and that isn't likely to change in the next 5 years even if we are winning.
    I prefer test cricket on TV in the comfort of my own lounge tbh

  11. #41
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I prefer test cricket on TV in the comfort of my own lounge tbh
    Same here, I brought a hand-held radio so I could listen to the Test series against Sri Lanka when I was working on the farm. Thing is, as a nation we don't appreciate it. Cricket comes behind rugby, and Test cricket comes way behind ODIs.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Same here, I brought a hand-held radio so I could listen to the Test series against Sri Lanka when I was working on the farm. Thing is, as a nation we don't appreciate it. Cricket comes behind rugby, and Test cricket comes way behind ODIs.
    Big ****-off LCD and plasma TV's don't help either. I bought one a few years ago and haven't been to a sports event since

  13. #43
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,781
    Quote Originally Posted by CricInfo
    Players on the list are ranked one to 20 and receive retainers from New Zealand cricket of between New Zealand$125,000 (US$79,000) and NZ$45,000 (US$28,000) on a sliding scale.
    http://content-www.cricinfo.com/newz...ry/249103.html

    I would imagine the lowest Aussie cricketer earns more than our top ranked cricketer

  14. #44
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    6,375
    A top tier state contract is worth 100 thou,next would be 70/80 south australia only contracted 14 players so they can afford it,i gather daniel harris is on the way out.
    50 thou vs 100 or even 70/80 thou a big difference.
    Also vincent comes from south australia so he knows it well,he even used to be an aussie rules umpire.

  15. #45
    U19 Cricketer armchairumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    404
    It is public knowledge that Vincent and Bracewell don't see eye to eye, so if Vincent is talking to South Australia then I think this is a sign that Bracewell might be back as the Blackcaps coach.

    Vincent is a great personality, and gives his all (with varying degrees of success) whenever he plays for the Blackcaps. It would be a great pity to lose him from their line up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Zealand v Sri Lanka (ODI)
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 05:07 AM
  2. New Zealand v Sri Lanka (2020)
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-12-2006, 05:13 AM
  3. Best and Worst Chris Cairns moments
    By sirjeremy11 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 24-02-2006, 02:41 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:26 PM
  5. To The New Zealand Public
    By helen in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21-01-2004, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •