• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent set to quit New Zealand

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I prefer test cricket on TV in the comfort of my own lounge tbh
Same here, I brought a hand-held radio so I could listen to the Test series against Sri Lanka when I was working on the farm. Thing is, as a nation we don't appreciate it. Cricket comes behind rugby, and Test cricket comes way behind ODIs.

Fiery

Banned
Same here, I brought a hand-held radio so I could listen to the Test series against Sri Lanka when I was working on the farm. Thing is, as a nation we don't appreciate it. Cricket comes behind rugby, and Test cricket comes way behind ODIs.
Big ****-off LCD and plasma TV's don't help either. I bought one a few years ago and haven't been to a sports event since

brockley

International Captain
A top tier state contract is worth 100 thou,next would be 70/80 south australia only contracted 14 players so they can afford it,i gather daniel harris is on the way out.
50 thou vs 100 or even 70/80 thou a big difference.
Also vincent comes from south australia so he knows it well,he even used to be an aussie rules umpire.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
It is public knowledge that Vincent and Bracewell don't see eye to eye, so if Vincent is talking to South Australia then I think this is a sign that Bracewell might be back as the Blackcaps coach.

Vincent is a great personality, and gives his all (with varying degrees of success) whenever he plays for the Blackcaps. It would be a great pity to lose him from their line up.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Said in the Herald this morning that "indications are that he will stay in NZ".

Mister Wright

I think it would be a big boost to crowd figures in both the Pura Cup and Ford Ranger Cup if someone like Vincent were to be playing for a state side. Hope he comes. S.A. need some good players.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think it would be a big boost to crowd figures in both the Pura Cup and Ford Ranger Cup if someone like Vincent were to be playing for a state side. Hope he comes. S.A. need some good players.
While I think Australian domestic comp is so strong because they have a good mix of experienced and up and coming, potential Australian internationals, it'd be cool for each side to have just 1 overseas marquee player playing in the best domestic competition in the world.

Mister Wright

While I think Australian domestic comp is so strong because they have a good mix of experienced and up and coming, potential Australian internationals, it'd be cool for each side to have just 1 overseas marquee player playing in the best domestic competition in the world.
Absolutely. I think it would be great to have some up and coming players like Ricardo Morton (think that's his name) or someone like that. However, it does make it hard these days with so many internationals being played all the year round.

NZTailender

Absolutely. I think it would be great to have some up and coming players like Ricardo Morton (think that's his name) or someone like that. However, it does make it hard these days with so many internationals being played all the year round.
Fringe players or players whose international careers are probably over might work.
I mean, I'd happily watch a match if Hick, Ramps, Butcher, Harris, Mushtaq, Tikolo, Dippenaar, Spearman, Gough or even Wheelie bin turned out for an Aussie domestic team.

Mister Wright

Fringe players or players whose international careers are probably over might work.
I mean, I'd happily watch a match if Hick, Ramps, Butcher, Harris, Mushtaq, Tikolo, Dippenaar, Spearman, Gough or even Wheelie bin turned out for an Aussie domestic team.
I try to get to as many games as I can (which is quite hard) regardless of who's playing. Would probably much rather see an up-and-comer than a 'has-been'. However, if it brings the crowds I'm all for it.

There was talk of adding a NZ A team to the competitions a few years ago, I think it's something CA should really consider.

NZTailender

I try to get to as many games as I can (which is quite hard) regardless of who's playing. Would probably much rather see an up-and-comer than a 'has-been'. However, if it brings the crowds I'm all for it.

There was talk of adding a NZ A team to the competitions a few years ago, I think it's something CA should really consider.
The 'has beens' could be used to bring more crowds to 20/20 or even Ford Ranger cup.

Though the Pura cup should be the premier competition.

Mister Wright

The 'has beens' could be used to bring more crowds to 20/20 or even Ford Ranger cup.

Though the Pura cup should be the premier competition.
The crowds are big enough for 20/20, don't really need them for that. It's the Pura Cup they need to bring the crowds in for.

Mister Wright

Forgot to mention HIck's already had a stint for QLD.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Im pretty sure the talk was South and North Island sides in the Pura Cup and FR Cup.

But on the issue of overseas players there are always a couple guys playing in Grade Cricket every year that would make most state sides but never get selected, for various reasons. I think its time that CA got off its high horse and starting allowing overseas players to play state cricket here. It would improve the standard of competition and have a positive effect on the development of players. There are already fairly strict rules in Grade cricket, about overseas players, so they could just be transfered over. With no EU laws and Kolpax laws, its not like its going to get crazy like what it does in England. Where it is basically spot the Englishmen. I know alot of people say the strongest Australia's domestic comp was when they were getting the Haddlee's and Garner's to come over.

Mister Wright

Im pretty sure the talk was South and North Island sides in the Pura Cup and FR Cup.

But on the issue of overseas players there are always a couple guys playing in Grade Cricket every year that would make most state sides but never get selected, for various reasons. I think its time that CA got off its high horse and starting allowing overseas players to play state cricket here. It would improve the standard of competition and have a positive effect on the development of players. There are already fairly strict rules in Grade cricket, about overseas players, so they could just be transfered over. With no EU laws and Kolpax laws, its not like its going to get crazy like what it does in England. Where it is basically spot the Englishmen. I know alot of people say the strongest Australia's domestic comp was when they were getting the Haddlee's and Garner's to come over.
Yeah, that's right. Maybe it will take a couple of years for Australia to fall back into the pack, then something like that may be considered.

thierry henry

International Coach
The funny thing is, I suspect he might succeed. He enjoys the Aussie pitches. Having said that, if he managed to hold down a position in any Aussie FC side he is outdoing himself considering he is even a total dud in lowly ole NZ FC cricket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A top tier state contract is worth 100 thou,next would be 70/80 south australia only contracted 14 players so they can afford it,i gather daniel harris is on the way out.
50 thou vs 100 or even 70/80 thou a big difference.
Also vincent comes from south australia so he knows it well,he even used to be an aussie rules umpire.
Was pretty sure that the cap for state players is $125 000. Plus more if you sign up as an "assistant coach", a la Bevan and Elliott.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's not a case of Cricket Australia "allowing" internationals to play - it's a reluctance of the states to bring in someone from outside the squad, who'll only be there for one year, into the team at the expense of players who they have spent years developing to become good first class, and hopefully one day, Test players.