Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New South Wales to play Australia (Tomorrow)

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar

New South Wales to play Australia (Tomorrow)

Australian Cricket Board (ACB) Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland announced today that Australia's squad for the VB Series of one-day internationals will play a practice match against a New South Wales (NSW) XI next Tuesday (10 December) at North Sydney Oval.

Quote from Cricinfo

The team Will be as follows

NSW: Steve Waugh (Captain)
    Corey Richards
    Matthew Phelps
    Michael Clarke
    Michael Slater
    Phil Jaques
    Nathan Pilon
    Shawn Bradstreet
    Dominic Thornely
    Stuart MacGill
    Nathan Bracken

Australia

Hayden,Gilcrist, Bevan,Ponting(Capt), Lehmann,Martyn,Watson, Warne,Lee, Gilcrispie, McGrath

International Debutant
    why / what's the point / why bother ????

would have been better to have Aus v Aus A as a warm up.....

I know there was arguement against it and Tubby didn't like it, but it's a good indication for the A team where they may stand (only if they play a series). After all isn't that how the current OD Captain got his break???????????

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Yeah, Aus Vs Aus A would be great...

I remember the final of the CUB series in.... '94???... was Australia Versus Australia A, with players like Ponting and Blewett in the Aus A side.

However, it'll be interesting to see how Steve Waugh and Slater etc. go against McGrath, Gillespie and Lee. If I were these guys, I'd be bowling slow, half volleys to Waugh to help him get his eyes in for Melbourne and Sydney tests.....

I'd be interesting to know if Steve Waugh has ever been up against McGrath in a competitive game (seeings how they're both N.S.Welshman)... does anyone know???

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Be interesting if Waugh gets a big score and/or picks up a couple of wickets!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Originally posted by MrPerko
    Yeah, Aus Vs Aus A would be great...

I remember the final of the CUB series in.... '94???... was Australia Versus Australia A, with players like Ponting and Blewett in the Aus A side.

However, it'll be interesting to see how Steve Waugh and Slater etc. go against McGrath, Gillespie and Lee. If I were these guys, I'd be bowling slow, half volleys to Waugh to help him get his eyes in for Melbourne and Sydney tests.....

I'd be interesting to know if Steve Waugh has ever been up against McGrath in a competitive game (seeings how they're both N.S.Welshman)... does anyone know???
    Id say they have played each other, a few years ago when steve waugh was coming back from injury he was captain of Australia A, is also say they might have in Sydney grade cricket.

Unfortunately, I live near NorthSydney Oval and it is currently raining so my guess is the game won't go ahead. a shame - I was going to go and watch it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    its raining here in canberra too, but the forecast is good, so hopefully we will get a full days play v England.

Just heard Stewie MacGill on the Radio and its interesting, The Australian boys are taking it seriously while the NSW boys are using it as a mid wicket net session...

Maybe good it aint goin ahead...

Tim
    Would that please the Australian selectors?

They will be wanting Australia to have a decent fight on their hands & MacGill had made that sound unlikely.

Mate to show how much interest the Aussie selectors had in the match, NONE of them were goin to the game...

Thats right NONE!!!!!
    :O:O:O:O:O:O
    Pretty ridiculous if u ask me....

Rik
    Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
    Mate to show how much interest the Aussie selectors had in the match, NONE of them were goin to the game...

Thats right NONE!!!!!
    :O:O:O:O:O:O
    Pretty ridiculous if u ask me....
    You mean the NSW game? Well actually it doesn't matter if it is or it's the England vs Prime Minister's XI game really, I suppose they are showing they have already decided who's in their squad...
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Banned

Man, this squad looks much more stronger than the English national team!And i believe the match would be alot more competitive than the ones that would be taking place b/w Australia and England

Rik
    Originally posted by TendulkarMark2

Man, this squad looks much more stronger than the English national team!And i believe the match would be alot more competitive than the ones that would be taking place b/w Australia and England
    Australian Cricket is very strong at the moment. But if you look at the NSW squad then in the next 5 years a few of the big names will have gone, and if Bevan hasn't already then he will be close to. Cricket is a strange game, the balance of power can change very quickly.

Banned

The interesting thing about this match will be that Steven would be bowling (to get a place in the WC squad as an allrounder). Earlier i read in WestAus Newspaper, that Steven had ignored the requests of Aussie selectors to bowl against the Englis team (in recent onedayer) and prove that he can still be usefull to the team as an allrounder!

U19 Cricketer

Bad bad call by Steve Waugh, the way English batsmen are performing, Waugh would have easily taken 3-4 wkts in his quota of ten overs had he bowled in that match!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information