• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alderman to Train Indian Pacers!!!!!

Choora

State Regular
KOLKATA: Former Australian medium pacer Terry Alderman could be inducted as the bowling coach of the Indian team, Indian cricket board sources said here on Sunday.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has contacted Perth-based Alderman, who is expected to take up his assignment during India's ongoing tour of New Zealand.
Alderman, who is believed to have been suggested by India's coach John Wright and senior players like skipper Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar, is better known for his ability to swing the ball rather than do pace bowling.
-------------------------------------------------

Well Guys it seems 2 me a very good move by the Indian cricket board.India always had talented pacers, just needed some guidance and now Alderman can help them to become a force in Cricket world!!
Balaji,Pathan,Z Hussain, Nehra and Zaheer can now think of reaching the glorious height of the game!

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
Great move, keeping in mind that the world cup is just around the corner.Now Indian fast bowler can bowl with more bite and venom, Alderman is the right guy to teach the finer aspects of fast bowling to the promissing Indian pacers.Nehra,Khan,Ajit and Youhannan will greatly benefit from it.

Originally posted by marc71178
Well Lillee failed, so try another one. Who next after him, Thomson?
He did?? well thats news to me, because Srinath and Prasad were some of his pupil and Srinath has been a class bowler, though now he's towards the end of his career

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw that there was a huge list before Alderman though..

Hadlee was first pick but he is a selector so they weren't able to get him.
Lilee, Thompson & De Villiers were also apparently listed before Alderman.

mayadevi

Banned
A good move by BCCI.Thompson would have been a better choice, but he wasn't available, still Alderman can be very usefull to the team.Ganguly did well to suggest Alderman's name for bowling coach!

anzac

International Debutant
Alderman can tell them all about swing bowling - particularly in English conditions, but I think there could have been other choices for 'pace' bowling.....

regardless of who you get it comes down to what you do with the knowledge they impart - if you have any ongoing 'plan' by which to repeat the lessons to the new crop of youngsters - if DK has already been used and they are looking for another, this suggests that there is no 'plan'......

;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He did?? well thats news to me, because Srinath and Prasad were some of his pupil and Srinath has been a class bowler, though now he's towards the end of his career
Srinath class? I don't agree with that - he's always been a useful bowler, but there's no way you can say he's a class bowler in the sense McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh, Gillespie, Waqar, Wasim, Pollock, Donald (to name a few of his era who would wipe the floor with him) are.

And if Lillee's second best result was Prasad then I rest my case!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Errrm...Why do the papers allways call pace bowlers medium pacers? I mean Alderman wasn't particually slow was he? Anyway fair enough on his employment...the Indian Pacers need any help they can get :lol:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
Errrm...Why do the papers allways call pace bowlers medium pacers? I mean Alderman wasn't particually slow was he? Anyway fair enough on his employment...the Indian Pacers need any help they can get :lol:
Alderman was fast medium most of his career, he wasn't genuinely fast. He was more of a swing bowler...and yes, the Indian pacers need all the help they can get and then some....:(:(

wahindiawah

Banned
Originally posted by marc71178
Srinath class? I don't agree with that - he's always been a useful bowler, but there's no way you can say he's a class bowler in the sense McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh, Gillespie, Waqar, Wasim, Pollock, Donald (to name a few of his era who would wipe the floor with him) are.

And if Lillee's second best result was Prasad then I rest my case!
Thats funny, people have labelled Dillon as a class bowler (in other posts)yet someone is having problem in accepting that Srinath was a class pacer!

As for Prasad, he was a fairly decent pacer, no great, but not crap either!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Srinath back in 1996/1997 was actually quite quick, I think he got to 145 k's which isn't bad for an Indian Pacer.

Considering the lack of Indian strike bowlers IMO Srinath is better than Dillon & on occassions has been underrated.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd actually rate them equally, they have both had to be both the stock and strike bowler and lead their country's attack, although Srinath has had Kumble all through...who does Dillon have now?

Dillon has player just 30 odd match, he has time with him, while Srinath is near the end of the road.The comparison simply isn't possible b/w the two as such.

Srinath i believe was a very good bowler, was often let down by other bowlers in the team, no support atall from the other end.Venkatesh did gave him good support for a short period, too bad that Venkatesh fade away too quickly.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
No comparison? What about them being the only quality pace bowler in the team? Dillon, however, doesn't seem to have another bowler to support him, of any type.

Originally posted by Rik
No comparison? What about them being the only quality pace bowler in the team? Dillon, however, doesn't seem to have another bowler to support him, of any type.
That part is correct, both had the same problem.However i think Dillon still has lot of cricket in him, he might go down as a better or perhaps not as good as a bowler as Srinath.Only time will tell that!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Well strickly speaking any help would be much more needed by English bowlers, as help would include getting them fit to be back into the team. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thats funny, people have labelled Dillon as a class bowler (in other posts)yet someone is having problem in accepting that Srinath was a class pacer!
Did I ever label Dillon as class? No!

Class should be reserved for the top bowlers of a generation if any, and you can't deny there's been a lot better fast or fast medium bowlers than Srinath!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
Well strickly speaking any help would be much more needed by English bowlers, as help would include getting them fit to be back into the team. :D
Well at least they usually take Wickets when they get on the field :lol: